x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

capture Points in a DLL ?

hppcz Page Icon Posted 2011-01-22 5:16 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Is it possible to capture Points in a DLL and send it a program ?

Windows Mobile old school WM2003, the program would be running as VM / runtime on WM2003.

The program uses a DLL for C functions, using emBedded c++ 3.0.

As I understand it / see it the LeftButtonDown, MouseMove, LeftButtonUp all need the program on left of the " :: " , but I am using a DLL.

So..is it possible to capture Points in a DLL and send it the program ?

Using HP iPAQ with CASL.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2011-01-22 6:29 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Could you please try to explaint that in a different way?

Edited by Alt Bass 2011-01-22 6:29 PM
 Top of the page
hppcz Page Icon Posted 2011-01-22 7:30 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I can try.

Is it possible to capture the stylus location (Point) in a DLL or must it be captured by the [main] program ?

The program is running in / as a VM / runtime on WM2003 on a HP iPAQ with C++ functions to try to capture the Point.

It is a program written in CASL that I am trying to port to WM2003, it works fine except for the dials to decode a reading [meter reading]. The dial hand is moved using the stylus.

The examples given in emBedded c++ 3.0 all have the app name on the left of the " :: " ... myapp::On_WM_LMouseDown etc.. but this is a DLL.

Thank you for the reply.

does this help ?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-01-22 9:06 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Erm, gee. Not really.

In C++ :: is a scope statement. I think that it can be used to reference a global variable defined in the header source, but is usually a class reference for a method

myapp:n_WM_LMouseDown is most likely the class myapp method On_WM_LMouseDown.

When dealing with the stylus, you are dealing with a mouse driver. So you are dealing with event handling and callbacks from the Window Manager:
When Window Manager Left Mouse Down = On_WM_LMouseDown, which I'd guess is the firing event for the event handler.

If you go through the header files (CPP) and genuinely can't find the function, look for the import and definition statement for the myapp dll. Chances are you'll have to rewrite or recompile the DLL for CE if that is the case.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2011-01-22 9:15 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

The CASL program uses MFC, right? I guess you need to use CWndnLButtonDown instead of mentioned method.
 Top of the page
hppcz Page Icon Posted 2011-01-23 3:51 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

C:Amie - 2011-01-22 9:06 PM
If you go through the header files (CPP) and genuinely can't find the function.... and definition statement for dll. .

It is not in the CPP because I am trying to write it(the CPP), I am trying to define it in the DLL.

Alt Bass
....The CASL program uses MFC, right?...

The DLL does use MFC.

The program was written using CASL for the Palm, and turned into a runtime for WM2003 using CASL, in order to access the WM2003 OS a DLL is needed where c++ functions can do the accessing.

The DLL was of course written in c++ 3.0 embedded.

And yes I understand that this is a HPC forum not a Palm forum; but I thought I would try since this is a WM question. A DLL question.

If you knew of CASL and, or owned a Palm I think we might be better at communicating. I really do appreciate the try at helping.

Thank you both for the reply.

Edited by hppcz 2011-01-23 3:55 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 26