x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Agere based wifi on HP 620lx and a CAB question

HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-02-05 5:57 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Hey guys, I'm trying to set up my 620lx with a wifi card based on the Agere chip. I installed the HPC:Factor update, but that's about it. The card isn't recognized off the bat, so a driver is needed.

The card itself is an AirLink intersil hfa384x ieee. Any input/advice/whatever would be appreciated.

Second thing is this, the HP 620lx which I bought off of eBay came with the unit and stylus only. PC link not included, so I've been moving cabs over to my device via CF. But how do I extract cab files from a host .exe so I can place it on my CF and install it on the 620?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-02-05 8:19 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The AirLink card isn't Agere-based, it's Prism-based. (Thus the brand name "Intersil" in the name.) Try the Prism reference driver.

As for extracting CABs from host installers, that's easy. See here:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0049.asp
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-02-05 10:26 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Thanks for the help CE Geek, appreciated.

Prism huh, eBay seller told me it was Agere based. What has the world come to when you can't even trust an anonymous eBay seller located in China!
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-02-05 11:42 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Update: The PRISM driver doesn't find the card. Going to try the others as well tomorrow as it's bed time for me. Night guys 'n gals.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-02-06 4:23 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It may be unsupported by Windows CE 2.0. I can't tell for sure from checking online (I found very little information), but I'm wondering if it's an 802.11g card. Only Windows CE 4 and higher support 802.11g; below that you have to use an 802.11b card. I'm also wondering if it's a CardBus card rather than a PCMCIA card - there is no CardBus support in any version of Windows CE. (You can tell a CardBus card because it has a gold strip along the inserted edge.)
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-02-06 11:32 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Nope, regular PCMCIA card. I originally bought it to be used on my Psion netBook, and they don't accept cardbus cards either. It's an 802.11b card, at least that's what it says. So it should be working, works on my old laptop at least so it's not defective, I've also used a CF PCMCIA adapter on the 620lx, so I know the slot itself is working. No clue what's going on here.

Oh how I wish the 620lx was a 2.11 machine...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-02-06 12:24 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Do you have the NSP installed?

If you can find the ROM chip, it can be 2.11.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-02-06 1:48 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I should have the NSP installed, will double check.

Key word *IF* I can find the ROM chip. But the 620lx is slow already on WinCE 2.0, I've heard they're horrible on 2.11. I'm probably just going to get that MP 900c next month and skip all this. Also, spoke with the eBayer in question. He said he'd ship me an Agere based card. (This way I can use it on the netBook.)
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-02-07 4:31 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Have the NSP installed but still cannot get it to work. I'm in talks with the seller now to have him replace it with an Agere based card. Have to jump through some hoops which is annoying, but I'd like to use it on both WinCE devices and my netBook (Epoc).

Hopefully the Agere reference drivers will work once I get the new card.
 Top of the page
Mystikfoxx Page Icon Posted 2011-02-08 5:45 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Sorry to Jump in here but I just joined today - it's my Bday and i got a Samsung Izzi Pro of Ebay for a nice price. I only wish to use it for word tasks when abroad and maybe the Mediaplayer if It will install [will try shortly] everything works fine with it/ activesync has transferred files and programs to it with no trouble. Only Trouble is it came with and AGERE 2Wire network wireless card and I have Wireless internet at home. Since last weekend I have been trying to set it up to no avail. It recognises the card when I insert it ans asks me to name it:- the only think it won't do is install the drivers so that the reception lights start functioning on the card when connected. I have tried both internally on the device and automatically via Activesync thanks to joining HPC Factor today. The device crashed again while installing the agere device drivers. I do not know what to do. If it helps It also came with a 3com Airconnect wireless LAN card. I do not know which is better but the 2wife one has the WIFI logo on the card. I am about to troubleshoot the 3com one using HPC Factor, but as this post is about AGERE I wanted to know if anyone was able to help me?? if you can I can understand any lingo or links you can refer me to to help me sort it out before my Birthday finishes, so I can go out an enjoy Wifi before my hair turns white and I need a walking stick.... I fear that I will be as Old as the IZZI Pro before I figure it out.... thanks.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-02-08 6:31 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The izzy pro is a 2.11 device, not a 2.0 one. Please post your issues in the 2.11 support forum.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-02-09 9:09 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The driver name you need to enter is wlags46.
 Top of the page
Mystikfoxx Page Icon Posted 2011-02-09 9:52 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Sorry Camie - I just joined yesterday - not to mention yesterday was ma birthday and I strayed from intelligence as the day passed. People should be Banned from giving Vodka as a Birthday present [hic] if that was for me Global Moderator thank you. Can't believe it took me a good night's sleep to see it but I see the "Jump to forum" button below now: yesterday I just saw Agere+community forum... you lot got Neighbourhood watch - that's good! I'm off to see the Wizards: the wonderfull wizards of Windows CE 2.11!! [hic!] Because, because because becaaaaause [hic!] Bless = D)
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-02-28 8:03 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Updates:

I've STILL had no luck in getting the card to work, I've updated the drivers and installed the 2.0 with the updates provided by HPC Factor. I know the card works as I've tested it on my old Compaq laptop and I know the PCMCIA card works on the HP 620 as I've tried a CF to PCMCIA adapter. I just have no clue as to what I'm doing wrong. I just get an error that says, "No adapter could be found" when running the wireless app.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-03-01 9:14 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Last update:

I'm giving up. I'll be giving this to my 8 year old to play with. She loves the Solitaire game so...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 54 - Executed queries : 27