x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

2WirePC24E-11-FC/R&3Com Airconnect 3CRWE737A-E1 PC Card Driver Setup for Samsung IZZI Pro S310

1 2
Mystikfoxx Page Icon Posted 2011-02-10 11:23 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Have been trying to set up one on 2 wireless/wifi PC Cards since Sunday. Purchased on Ebay so no manuals/CD's card do not appear to be working. Samsung IZZI Pro S310 Swivel works fine have installed Pocket Maps: From HPC factor have installed Mediaplaye and .NET Framework. Have also Upgraded using all of the Upgraded thanks to CE Geeks Upgrades profile [thanks = D)] Thanks to C. Amie I have downloaded the Agere drivers necessary, however unlike everything else I have installed the IZZI Pro Constantly crashes when the "Installing Agere Wireless Network Driver" comes up on the screen. have left it for a period of 2 hours also. Leads to having to perform a hard Reset. Do Not have any idea how to rectify this. Even when attempting Via Activesync the same thing happens.

Have spotted this page however I am unsure if one of these drivers may work however there is a file included in both downloads: inflated.zip and I would not know what to do with this file...

http://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/results.asp?freetext=Agere+P...

Have given up with the 2Wire card, however I have now downloaded the correct drivers for the 3Com Airconnect 3CRWE737A-E1 here:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/details.asp?r=0FD9B06D-FD1C-4179...

As I am outside the US the 3com support site will not let me download what I need and when I try to register with the site the page has a Java error!! It did also say that support for the device was discontinued so I am unable to do anything about that.

The 3com drivers I downloaded are Ac20ce and inflated.zip. I know that the Ac20ce will launch when I click it: but once again I do not know what to do with the inflated.zip file. If someone could direct me of what to do with the inflated.zip file I would appreciate it. If not - could someone suggest a recent wifi card that might work with the Samsung Izzi Pro S310 Swivel that is cost effective+so I can check the HCL list and get it and dispose of these compatible cards that don't seem to work!!

Edited by Mystikfoxx 2011-02-10 11:25 AM
 Top of the page
Mystikfoxx Page Icon Posted 2011-02-10 11:46 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

http://support.3com.com/software/3crwe737a.htm - Can't download anything - a page comes up telling me I am outside the support area [So much for Internet!!]

http://support.3com.com/software/wirelessdownload.htm - downloaded a 3.Com CD here but it only seems to be PC based and allows me to make diskettes - however the Samsung IZZI Pro S310 does not have a diskette drive so the instructions to insert the diskette into the device required are invalid in this situation...

Top of the page
Mystikfoxx Page Icon Posted 2011-02-10 11:54 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

And as this is my last post other than a thankyou for note I would just like to state that i am not a PC/hadware/firmware expert. I am just good at following instructions and accurately documenting my faults and errors - I got C in IT for that very fact at school. I'm just trying to sort out my wireless. I have broadband/Wifi at home and if I can set it up at home at least I can go elsehere and hopefully do the same. I'm literally lost in data and downloads without any form of "Technical Support". If I have offended anyone on here with my Unprofessionality I am sorry. My Birthday buzz is going downhill with the amount of days this has taken to try and sort out already - I seriously am about to give up!!
 Top of the page
Mystikfoxx Page Icon Posted 2011-02-10 11:56 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

.inflated??
 Top of the page
Mystikfoxx Page Icon Posted 2011-02-10 4:54 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I have installed the Ac20ce file without doing anything with the .inflated file as it's been nearly 6 hours since I was advised to start my own thread. Now I hav 3com's Airconnect connection program running fine on my Izzi Pro, but suddenly now nothing happens when I insert the PC card [It used to ask me to assign the card a name...] Also: after installing the AC20CE - the system set I needed to reset my izzi pro - but then an "Installing AGERE wireless network driver" screen suddenly popped up also. I cancelled it quickly so the system did not crash. For some reason this particular Izzi pro does not like the 2wire network drivers. I think if someone could explain what to do with the Airconnect.infalted fine I may be out of the way forever. I do not know which support option to click on your suppport page. but thanks for aving all the necessary files that I needed. I have learnt ALOT in the past few days I'm almowst ready to enjoy Half Term....
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-02-10 5:26 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Do appreciate that people here WORK during the day. We don't just sit on here waiting to provide techincal support.

Inflated files provide the Windows CE installers inflated from Host installers. If you don't understand this then read the Installing Programs using xxxx and extracting cabs from host installers articles in the support section.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-02-10 6:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I've never been a fan of the 3CRWE737A. I found it to work fine on some of my devices, and not work at all on others. My advice is to quit wasting your time and get a different wireless card...one more popular and proven...such as the Orinoco Silver or Cisco 340..
 Top of the page
Mystikfoxx Page Icon Posted 2011-02-10 7:02 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

thanks C: Amie - Rich. I Came out of hospital on 1st Feb and lost my Job Amie - hope you realise I want to deal with this A.S.A.P. and sort out another job. I don't want to be stuck at my PC anymore than the next person but I am downloading more Windows CE information to my brain this week than Neo downloaded kung fu!! I can show you if you want, morpheus, but my cies for help are long enough - even if it is only a minute fraction of the amount I have read since Sunday [Before I joined HPC] I'm Sorry that this website ended up being my No.1 lifeline after intelligent research!!

*My Toshiba Satellite is dead - My Tunste E refuses to charge and my HP Iqpaq rz1710 [with Activesynch] was Destroyed in a motorcycle accident. I had no idea the Samsung IZZI pro was so old when I purchased it on Ebay - but you know what?? It's better than nothing!!

Rich - these are my first 2 wireless card Ever!! I've never bothered with any of them until now. so thankyou for suggesting 2 to me. I will check them in the HCL list and find out prices/shops etc.
Amie: - thanks - like I stated about 6 hours ago I found the download files on here but I could not find any instructions and am a fool who did not know what to do with .inflated files. Thanks for pointing me to the right support section as there are so many support sections. I hope you don't take offence because I love this site for the short time I will be on it. but it might help for someone to create a link to the relevant support page so that people do not have to download the right drivers and cry for help. It's just a suggestion for people like me that are only 20% clued up [or less....] = D)

If anyone is inside the US and having the same problems [which I doubt as you will have access to 3Com's support]:-
http://www.3com.com.sg/products/en_US/result.jsp?selected=all&sort=...

If you are outside the UK and find yourself in my situation after I sell this thing of on Ebay again and direct you to HPC Factor:- you can get the right drivers from the downloads section - be sure to select the Exact drivers and operating system - they are listed:- then if you can't access 3com's webstie like me - I found a few other drivers on this site which I am about to try in order to install the 3Com Airconnect program on my XP based PC: -

http://www.wireless-driver.com/3com-3crwe737a-airconnect-wireless-c...

before checking out the Installing Programs using xxxx and extracting cabs from host installers articles in the support section - to finished of my already part succesful installation of the Wireless card on my Samsung Izzi Pro S310.

Edited by Mystikfoxx 2011-02-10 7:12 PM
 Top of the page
Mystikfoxx Page Icon Posted 2011-02-10 7:25 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Confidence is the key eh? Thanks C: Amie - I learnt the first 2 support sections already it was the last one that helped me with the .Inflated - thanks - time for the Practical Test... = (

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0046.asp
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0047.asp

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0048.asp - info on .inflated files
 Top of the page
Mystikfoxx Page Icon Posted 2011-02-10 8:24 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I cannot transfer the Airconnect.inflated file to the H/PC's storage drive - I keep getting the message that "A Device attached to the system is not functioning" Although everything is. Maybe there is an underlying problem with this particular PC - I extracted the files and tried to copy them separately to a Self made Airconnect folder - the 3 files that didn;t copy [with the same error message] were:-

0WE7NCPA.008
S24EvMon.009
WE7NICTT.011

Don;t know if this will help anyone but it might.

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-02-10 10:23 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

One other thing just discovered...the Izzy Pro originally only supported 5V pcmcia cards, not the 3V ones. For those, you needed to install a update driver for 3V cards...that is found here: http://www.samsungpc.com/gb/support/izzipro/drivers/izzi3volt_patch...

As far as the Aironet.inflated file...it is just a zip file containing all the installation cabs for the various cpus. What you want to do is unzip the file on a desktop and find the Airconnect.hpcpro_mips.cab file and copy that over to your Izzi Pro. Tap on it and it should install properly.

It sounds like you are trying to open the cab file using some unzip program or something and that won't work.
 Top of the page
Mystikfoxx Page Icon Posted 2011-02-11 3:14 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Lol thanks Rich I did know that because I read the whole Izzi Pro Manual on Sunday lol! I did look at the files properly and extract the Airconnect.HPCPro_mips file - Funny enough my Izzi pro decides to have a device not functioning message when I try to copy it to the device. I did install that 3V update driver but for some reason I thought it was bast to uninstall what I had already installed when trying the Airconnect. I couldn't tell what V it was as it isn't marked as clearly as the 2wire card! Thanks for that - I wil re-install it and try again but I'm starting to think there may be some slight internal error with this thing, Maybe the previous owner tried harder than me to get these 2 cards working......

In the meantime I am going to check the compatibility of the 2 cards you mentioned earlier. hopefully I can get a more recent compatible one that comes with easy instructions or support!! After nearly a week stuck at my PC with these 2 cards I think a bit of Retail therapy is the real solution to all of this lol can't say I didn't try with these 2. I'm just glad everything else I install works with no problem - even that Diopen program!!!

Ah It's Friday - think I'll have Wifi McMegabytes for lunch, Scratch of the card and see if I win a Wifi connection... thanks for helping - sorry to hear about your Tinybook..... I know how you feel mate!! At least someone stole it and you don't have to look at the thing and wonder why it looks destroyed when you are still in one piece.... I hope the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present & Future visit the thief and makes them buy you a next one for Christmas....complete with compatible wifi cards and all = O)
 Top of the page
Mystikfoxx Page Icon Posted 2011-02-11 3:24 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks Rich - both them cards appear to be compatible so I will have to do a little searching - take my pro to a PC shop and see what other cards they have to offer . I think a brand new Wifi card might be the best option thes 2 appear to be a waste of time - at least the 3Com one set up the program and everything on my CE device - hope the 3V update will resolve the issue of the card being recognised before installation but not being recognised after Airconnect is set up on the device... If I get them to install it in the shop too I can find out if this thing does have an internal wifi driver problem or not... If I figure out the 3Com fully though I'll post it here Incase it helps someone else!!
 Top of the page
Mystikfoxx Page Icon Posted 2011-02-12 9:47 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

[On topic] Ok, I'm no Percy Jackson, but I've been a bit of a lightning theif after dosing off reading about RAS Networks last night. This Izzi Pro Does appear to have a PC Card fault, it has 2 starge cards. I have only been using the larger Flash storage card [224MB], but I tried to copy a file to the other one [64 MB] and got the same device error message. I copied All the files that I could not previously copy to the "My Documents" section and they all installed [and deleted themselves] perfectly fine, or gave the same error messages as via activesync - BUT THERE IS NO PROBS WITH THE FILES DOWNLOADED FORM HPC FACTOR [As you already know...] This probably explains why the 3com pc card does not work after Successfully installing the Airconnect CE Program.

It seems a hard reset only half sorted this program as everytime a reset is performed I get a "Storage Card Error" message [could be because I inserted that gold plated wireless G card, don't know] "Storage Card Error - The directory for ' . ' is not valid. Do you want the problem automatically repaired now?" [yes, no, cancel] YES & NO DO NOT WORK, FORCES THE SAME BOX TO CONSTANTLY RE-APPEAR. CANCEL GETS RID OF THE BOX..... To remedy this I tried to re-install the 3V patch, but on installing the 3V patch I get an error message regarding the file PCMCIA.DLL saying "the file is in use and to close the file if it is not in ROM" - this may be because the file 3V patch was already installed and is in use in the card slot [even with no card present] as when I clicked cancel it still said the 3v patch was installed successfully. [hence the Flash storage card still mostly working correct when transferring/converting word docs ect.] At one point I converted as many word docs as I could and they all converted fine - then suddenly it wouldn't convert a single file saying to check the original file for formatting.....PC Card Slot Error - tried resetting the device and the "Storage Card Error" message came up again!!

Based on all of the above I don't actually see the point in me getting any Wifi PC card as this Card Slot malfunction is likely to not light up any lights on any network card. I think I can safely jump back into my Driving licence free IZZI Pro Delorean and set the date to 2011, as I am never going to find support for a faulty card slot for a discontinued Device. thanks for all your help people. Last but not least I once again attempted to install the AGERE 2wire drivers and the izzi pro appears to have crashed again. At least the 3com Airconnect installs the drivers and the program. The AGERE driver installation program [via activesync] maybe another reason why the card slot is faulty. I copied the "wireless R3000" file to the "my documents" section and a message came up saying the file could not be installed, suggesting it was the incorrect installation file. I think that activesync may try to install the file automatically...

I'm going back to the shop today then I'm calling it quits. If someone can direct me to a "novely" website of free windows CE Homebrew applications or pocket PC games or something I would be most obliged - I still have the net on my phone but it is such a .... to send an email on my phone. my phone has bluetooth and I have a bluetooth USB dongle to use my phone to go online with my pc [which I did before I got wifi at home] - but it doesn't hav an infra red port... I don't think the bluetooth dongle would work in the Izzi pro anyways - can't be bothered to try. Case is officially closed. Report done. I'm going to Chidori this Pro then continue take my anger out Rasenganning some poor people on Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2...This was NOT how I wanted to spend ma birthday WEEK = (
 Top of the page
Mystikfoxx Page Icon Posted 2011-02-12 10:09 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Straight after saying that I was messing aroung in Control panel deleting the install file for Agere and noticed the Airconnect settings application. I changed the settings in Airconnect to BSS (802.11 Addhoc) and checked the "send long preamble headers - and now the Izzi pro is Recognising the £com card!! No lights coming up - and when I select "Find Airconnect Adapter" "An Airconnect adapter could not be found" still comes up - but when the 3Com card is inserted a meesage comes up about how the card drains the battery...showing that the card is recognised.... [sigh]
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9