x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

2WirePC24E-11-FC/R&3Com Airconnect 3CRWE737A-E1 PC Card Driver Setup for Samsung IZZI Pro S310

1 2
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2011-02-13 6:06 AM
#
H/PC Elder

^^ is why hpcs failed.

forget arguing about clamshell vs. tablet. tft vs. dstn. mips vs. arm. all that stuff means squat.

dood here is far from 'tarded and well written. tho he admits to being non-tech savvy hpcs were aimed squarely at his ilk/iq range.

Look at the nonsense just dealing with installing a wifi card. Add in the frustration of AS, WinMe (member folks, it's 1999) Outhouse (a joke in itself) and you walked away from this feeling like you puked in your mouth. Oh. and you paid a small fortune to do it. Doomed from the get go.

I can't wait to get a Dion...for the cost of a 256mb CF card in 99 I get an awesome working hpc...

Progress. I love it.

Top of the page
Mystikfoxx Page Icon Posted 2011-02-25 3:58 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Lol thanks everyone for your help - funny enough I just cracked it now because I am going away for a funeral this weekend = ( I happened to come across some other forum.....

Just a guess ... does it use a PC or CF card ? Try erasing the contents , if its used for logging it may be full of garbage .If its a removeable card try removing it and restart .If there is a removable comms card , you may try switching the MP on without the card and inserting the card once its running( comms and storage doesn't seem related but still).And then it may just have decide to go to 'storage card heaven'

As I said just a guess

...well anyways - you were right Wallythacker - nothing was wrong with the cards or the device - it came with a a small 32 flash card and a 224Mb flash card but after installing the pcmcia patch update I didn't remove the smaller card, so I removed both of them and reset it and now it is working fine = D)

In concluion to that - the 3Com Wifi card [and program] are working fine now - only problem is I have now found out almost a month after purchasing this thing that the Wifi card is Kanckered - I have to push the top down for the 2 lights to flash and if I take my finger off the card it won't flash at all, even though the Airconnect program is still reading all the cards details. when I hold it in and test for a signal it just says the wifi card is out of range.

The 2wire card is in perfect condition [and has the official wifi logo on it] - however I just tried to install the drivers again and whaddya know - activesync tells me to check my device for further instrucitons and once again the screen just says installing Agere Wireless Network Driver and nothing is happening. No Change there then. At least now I know if I get a new compatible card the wifi should work just fine. It may be faulty but at least the 3Com Card Lights up at my command [press...] = D)

Thanks Solidus:-
I will check out the sites you lot have put up for games and things - I spent the other day downloading games like Lode runner and things but they were all trial games so I will see what these sites have to offer. I also just put Betaplayer on there and it works fine [Mp3's] so I'm gonna have to reset [crashed from the Agere installation] and try and add some video files [i.e. the past couple episode of Naruto Shippuden... >= D)] Glad I'm not the one driving.....

Thanks everyone CE Geek - C. Amie - Solidus - Wallythacker - I think my tantrum is over now...... I think the 2wire card might have to be taken off the compatibility list for the Izzi Pro though - I'm gonna dip the card in my tea and eat it like a Nice biscuit when I wake up, this is the last time the installation is gonna crash my perfectly functioning device.... = P)
 Top of the page
Mystikfoxx Page Icon Posted 2011-02-25 4:05 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Lol Wallythacker - just saw your comment lol

dood here is far from 'tarded and well written. tho he admits to being non-tech savvy hpcs were aimed squarely at his ilk/iq range.

My Sentiments exactly!! = D) I might not be REtarded but yeah I am slightly CEtarded lol - but hey - after nearl a month of research I know a thing or 2 now lol. yeah if I had started my job in January I woulda had something more recent by now lol - but you know what they say:- CEggars 2.11 cant be choosers of Portable Windows Vista 2011 lol.... This thing'll do me for now, By Summertime I will either have a more recent lappy or the World's first Fully Functioning DeLorean..... >= D)
 Top of the page
Mystikfoxx Page Icon Posted 2011-02-25 4:07 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

...And yes - I will use that DeLorean to ensure that Samsung & 3Com continue their Online support like the Earth's future depends on it....Buggers... >= D)
 Top of the page
Mystikfoxx Page Icon Posted 2011-02-25 4:49 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

One last thing - I still can't get the USB slot to function - I will check back 2mor evening but - any words of wisdom from anyone? I saw one forum that said to try the Mobilepro 900 drivers but someone else in that forum said it didn't work for them so I didn't try it... but I can't find anywhere to get the drivers from and the Izzi Pro booklet only says I need to "activate" it without explaining how anywhere in the whole booklet...
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 26