x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Dana Page Icon Posted 2011-02-11 6:35 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I don't really expect an answer, but Ill throw this out there...

I'm trying to connect my mp3 player (Creative Zen nano) to my generic 7" chinese minibook. It works fine on a normal computer, comp sees it as a normal USB drive, but the minibook doesn't. Except... if I turn on the minibook, plug it into the rear side port (not the back port which doesn't work on most of these machines), then remove the cable and plug it into the front side port, it's recognized, and I can copy files to or from it (albeit slowly). If I unplug it, it disappears from Explorer, naturally, but it doesn't recognize it when I plug it in again, until I restart the minibook and do this all over again.

Weird, huh? Any suggestions welcome...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-02-11 7:16 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Hey, you are doing better than I am. I'm using one of those cheapo GPX MP3 players I bought a few years back...mainly because it was only $20 and had an SD card slot so I didn't have to be limited to the internal 128mb.

But my point is that I can plug it into any of my CE handheld's or CE netbook's USB port and wait and wait and wait...and it never does show up. Good thing my Wabook has an SD slot.

Probably in your case, unplugging the device is not releasing/resetting the interrupt... (I really have no idea what I'm saying, but it does sound good, doesn't it? )
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 26