x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Oper mini on Viewsonic

ibboucco Page Icon Posted 2011-02-15 11:33 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I am trying to run Opera Mini on a Viewpad 100 from Viewosnic. I have 3.0 and 4.1 version of wince. I have tried phoneME and IBM J9. Only on 3.0 I am able to run it up to the point I need to accept the EULA and then it fails. This is with Redgear on and copying some .dll to the windows directory. On 4.1 it locks
Any idea or success report?
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-02-16 2:02 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I tried to get Opera Mini running on a Jornada 720 (CE 3.0) using PhoneME, but I never had any luck. If I recall, the code uses a couple of function calls not supported by RedGear, and critically it's missing a routine that shows graphics to the display. To be honest you should have better luck running it on CE 4.1. But you will need to use ExecutabilityCheck without RedGear activated and see what is missing. It may be that you can get it to run depending what functions are missing.

Edited by isotherm 2011-02-16 2:06 AM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-02-16 10:47 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

My Neta 980 is very close to the Viewpad 100, and I have been unsuccessful with Opera Mini on it. Even adding the missing dlls doesn't help. I had to go in and hex edit the files to change the cpu type (C0 01 from C2 01) and the OS build to 4.1. Even doing that and checking it with exec check, which produced no errors at all, it didn't function.

It would load, start to run, and then sit there with the little gauge spinning around and around and do nothing else. I could interrupt it by clicking on the exit button and exiting the program, but other than that, it behaved exactly as it does on my Wabook Sky...stops at the same place. It is beyond me what is wrong....
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2011-02-17 5:53 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

There is Opera Mini for Windows Mobile in "native" form.

http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/hp/ipaq_hx2490/
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-02-17 8:04 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Already tried that one too...no luck.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.148 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9