x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

various 900c things

1 2
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2011-03-01 4:03 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Yoldering - 2011-02-23 6:15 PM

CE Geek - 2011-02-22 11:13 PM

Prism-based cards do support WPA. Check CAuser's threads about "internal" WiFi cards working on the 900C for a few examples.

I have a Prism based CF card I already tried. It is a d-link DCF-660W and I tried the d-link beta driver, and the generic Prism drivers. I could not connect to my WPA access point but had no trouble connecting to the neighbors unprotected network. Do you think it is because it is CF? It didn't even give me the option to choose WPA, only WEP. maybe I need PCMCIA instead?

I have the same dlink 660. It's an amazing low power card. It easily does 300Kb + over my 'b' network. Hit 400 Kb in a burst once. Contrast that to my symbol spectrum 24 which can barely manage 40Kb even on a 300-400mhz machine. IMO the 660 draws about the same power. forget the spec sheets, in real world the 660 and 24 run down the batteries in about the same time.

Anyhow, if we can get the 660 doing wpa I would be thrilled. Actually, the spectrum 24 should do wpa as I saw something in my google list searching one day.

Ok, yoldering, what drivers did you try? revision, date, size maybe, vendor. maybe can luck out.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-03-02 6:08 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I like the DCF-660 as well. Of all the Prism-based 802.11b cards I have, I'm happiest with its performance.

C:Amie - 2011-02-28 4:57 AM

I don't suppose anyone has ever dug around for any firmware updates to these Agere cards that enable the WPA hardware aspects have they?

And where might those be, pray tell? The only ones I've found are for desktop Windows.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-03-02 12:33 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Wally, I am not on than computer at the moment. But I know it was the beta driver located on HPCfactor and the Prism driver.

CE Geek, are you able to get your card to connect on WPA?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2011-03-02 4:45 PM
#
H/PC Elder

CE Geek - 2011-03-02 1:08 AM

I like the DCF-660 as well. Of all the Prism-based 802.11b cards I have, I'm happiest with its performance.

C:Amie - 2011-02-28 4:57 AM

I don't suppose anyone has ever dug around for any firmware updates to these Agere cards that enable the WPA hardware aspects have they?

And where might those be, pray tell? The only ones I've found are for desktop Windows.

have you done the crazy glue the antenna cap back on to reinforce the case repair yet?
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.188 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8