x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pocket PC FAQ forum on life support

[Frozen]
Frozen
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-03-02 7:09 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Just another sign of the times, I guess: the forum in Chris De Herrera's Pocket PC FAQ appears to be on its last legs. Of its 36 forum sections, all but one have been locked down due to nearly all the new posts being SPAM. The two News sections and the three legacy Windows CE device sections (H/PCs and Palm-size PCs) were the most recent casualties. Only the PocketDOS forum remains open, and not for long I suspect, since the only new posts today were half a dozen SPAM posts from the same poster.

On the plus side, we're hanging tough, staying virtually SPAM-free, and with a little help from a partial re-invention of the site, we're still cited and quoted in other sites and drawing new members. Clearly we're doing something right.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-03-02 10:02 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Perhaps I need to have a chat with Chris see if I can help him out. I've had to do a lot of programming to keep SPAM in this place down. It's not easy, especially when dealing with antiquated forum cores... which looks to be exactly what his problem is.

If you happen to talk with him, tell him he's welcome to drop me a mail and we'll have a chat.
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-03-02 10:32 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It goes to show you that forums are only as good as the members who post on them. If we quit posting, how long do you think people would bother to return...or how frequent I guess is a better question.

Some people come here to learn, some to seek help, others to contribute....I come here to get away from my wife.
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2011-03-02 11:00 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Rich, I can see our new campaign... HPC:Factor -- All the (mostly) man-cave you need ... aka a handheld personal cave.
or
Feeling abandoned, misunderstood, or feel passed over despite a bunch of great features (that some whippersnapper will repackage in a few years and heralded as brilliant)? Welcome home to HPC:Factor.

And now you know why the marketing people turn around when they see me. I won't even mention how the admissions teams react...
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-03-02 12:15 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Does anyone have an email address to Chris?
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-03-02 8:15 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Bump. I took a look over at the FAQ but found it hard to navigate and find information. If anyone can give me a direct link to the forum that'd also be great.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-03-02 9:14 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It's on forums.pocketpcfaq.com
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-03-02 9:22 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Thanks C:Amie, I tried pocketpcfaq.com/forums but never the other way around.
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 8