x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Linksys CF WCF12 Driver Problem w/ NEC MP900c

1 2
gabol67 Page Icon Posted 2011-03-11 1:55 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

wallythacker - 2011-03-10 8:51 AM

there should generally be a single .cab file to install for a driver. if you have the proper driver package no extra files are needed.

it sounds like you're trying to install a ce3 (ppc) driver and as noted, it won't work without extra files.

try this driver instead http://www.ambicom.com.tw/support/WL1100C-CF.html

run the install program. that will extract the driver. note: I suggest you find the driver on your pc, look around, find it then copy it to a flash card instead of using activesync.

it's called "Ambicom WLAN for CE.cab"

install that on your 900, insert the net card and type cw98.dll when prompted for a driver. it's wep only, not wpa so it may be useless.

Hi,

It worked! But now I need help getting the settings. I typed in my SSID. It says Connecting to my SSID, then it says remote network error has occured, or the server has closed the VPN connection.
I also see the two monitors at the bottom right corner!
Signal strength: excellent
I also see my IP address and subnet mask all automatically done.

What else should I be doing?
I'm getting excited cause I'm very close!!!! Thanks
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2011-03-11 2:01 AM
#
H/PC Elder

you do have wep security settings on your router? not wpa?
 Top of the page
gabol67 Page Icon Posted 2011-03-11 4:30 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

wallythacker - 2011-03-10 9:01 PM

you do have wep security settings on your router? not wpa?

I'm pretty sure I have WPA settings. I'll confirm it tomorrow.

BTW, if I can't get this CF card to work, do you have any suggestions as to which CF or PC card works 100% with the NEC mobilepro 900c and 790?
From what I've read so far the PC card is better than the CF card?

I'm recently retired and now I have time again to play around with these gadgets.

Thanks for your continued help.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-03-11 3:54 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Sorry, I was traveling all day yesterday. I hope you are able to figure it out because I have not been able to connect any WPA connection on my 900c.

Edited by Yoldering 2011-03-11 3:56 PM
 Top of the page
gabol67 Page Icon Posted 2011-03-11 7:38 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi Yoldering,

I'm going to go back to the WPC11 driver and try again. I was reading on HPC Factor that WPC11 should work. So i'm going to give it another go.
But I need your advice again. When I insert my CF Card is says: Enter the name of the drive for this PCCard. What do I write?

I tried prismnds and it does not work. Maybe that's the file that is missing and I need?

Thanks
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2011-03-11 8:50 PM
#
H/PC Elder

gabol,

the card you have is fine. nothing wrong with that style or model.

Ok, as I know the driver you installed doesn't work with wpa security. Now you've confirmed you have wpa the driver I linked to is no good, so uninstall it.

Google and download the Linksys wcf12 driver. Get the newest one. IIRC there only was one, circa 2005. Install it, search your computer during the install for a file called prismnds.dll (669k).

Copy/paste that file into the windows directory of your 900. Insert your wifi card and type prismnds.dll when prompted. Fill in the needed info and it should associate and link to your AP.
 Top of the page
gabol67 Page Icon Posted 2011-03-12 2:33 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Success!!! Sort of. Last night I was able to connect and surf. This morning I tried again and discovered I can ONLY connect to the internet with the USB cabled connected from the 900c to my PC. When I disconnect the USB cable and try to open any web page, I get the following message : Connecting to RedLam, A network error has occured, or the server has closed the VPN and wont connect?

Also under Wireless Network Properties, I see the following options:

Encryption: WEP or Disables
Authentication: Open, Shared, WPA, WPA-PSK
Network Key: blank with no options to choose from
Key index: 1

Sorry but I have to ask again if you have any suggestions?

As always, thank you.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2011-03-12 3:27 PM
#
H/PC Elder

this is the second instance IIRC in the thread of you mentioning vpn.

why is that and what is redlam?

and lastly, what did you change after getting it working with the wcf12 driver? actually, tell me what you did to make it work, so you could surf last night.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2011-03-12 11:23 PM
#
H/PC Elder

He had the USB cabled connected, that means he was getting internet through ActiveSync's network sharing. That's not related to the WiFi connection.
 Top of the page
gabol67 Page Icon Posted 2011-03-14 9:25 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

wallythacker - 2011-03-12 10:27 AM

this is the second instance IIRC in the thread of you mentioning vpn.

why is that and what is redlam?

and lastly, what did you change after getting it working with the wcf12 driver? actually, tell me what you did to make it work, so you could surf last night.

Hi,

Sorry, I had to go away for the weekend.

What is IIRC?

RedLam is my SSID. I created it a while back under New Connection in Network Connections but now I realized that I made a new USB connections and deleted it.

So what I did was download the driver WCF12 from the Linksys website and cut and paste as per your instructions (so far so good). But I realize now that when I connected to the Internet, I was always connected to my PC via Active Sync as well. So, I never actually connected to the Internet with out being connected to the PC.

So, here is what happens now when I insert my CF card:
In Network Connections I see the PRISMNDS1 Icon, in the bottom right corner I see the two monitors. I double click on them and under IP I see my IP address etc,etc, (so far so good), under wireless information tab I see my SSID, I see the status: connected to RedLam, signal excellent (so far so good) then i click on IE and I get the following message: Connecting to Serial 57.6 (obviously, that is a problem), then another window opens with the following "remote networking: you have been disconnected from the remote computer you dialed. retry the connection.
Mean white I still see the two monitors and the light on my CF card is on.

Any suggestions!
As always, thank you for your continued help and patience.

Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2011-03-14 11:24 PM
#
H/PC Elder

ok, this business about the modem and serial connection at 57.6k is out of my league. why it tries to connect you that way is a mystery to me...I had that problem years ago and have no idea how it ever got fixed.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2011-03-15 5:46 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok I'm trying to guess this, because I don't have an HPC working at the moment...

If you go to your network connections settings, you should have an option to choose which network adapter to use by default. Choose the PRISMNDS1 as default.

Hope that helps!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-03-15 7:03 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

IIRC = if I recall correctly
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 9