x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Linksys CF WCF12 Driver Problem w/ NEC MP900c

1 2
gabol67 Page Icon Posted 2011-03-09 5:57 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi, I can't get my Linksys CF WCF12 to work with my NEC MP900c. After the driver installation I get the following messages:

1) Unidentified PCCard Adapter. Enter the name of the drive for this PCCard. It automatically puts in "work card in Socket 1" After pressing ok, I click on Programs, Wireless CF Card Monitor and I get the following message "Prismsta.exe. Cannot find Prismsta (or one of its components) Make sure the path and file name are correct and that all required libraries are available.

Since I'm a novice, I don't know what I'm suppose to do next.

I have Windows XP and I'm using Active Sync 3.8

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-03-09 6:13 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Did you use the the WPC11 version 3 driver?

Edited by Yoldering 2011-03-09 6:22 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-03-09 6:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The driver requires mfcce300.dll. However, there are two versions of mfcce300.dll: a Pocket PC version (404 KB in size) and an H/PC version (397 KB in size). The Pocket PC version, which you need for this driver, also requires aygshell.dll and doclist.dll. Of these DLLs, only aygshell.dll is natively present in the stock 900C ROM.
 Top of the page
gabol67 Page Icon Posted 2011-03-09 9:25 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Yoldering - 2011-03-09 1:13 PM

Did you use the the WPC11 version 3 driver?

Hi, I'm using the CD that came with the CF card. I have no idea. Where do I look for it?

Thanks.
 Top of the page
gabol67 Page Icon Posted 2011-03-09 9:27 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

CE Geek - 2011-03-09 1:26 PM

The driver requires mfcce300.dll. However, there are two versions of mfcce300.dll: a Pocket PC version (404 KB in size) and an H/PC version (397 KB in size). The Pocket PC version, which you need for this driver, also requires aygshell.dll and doclist.dll. Of these DLLs, only aygshell.dll is natively present in the stock 900C ROM.

Hi, where can I get these files and where do I insert them?

Thanks.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-03-09 10:20 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I think it is this page... http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wireless/lbc/WPC11/download Make sure you get the version three for CE. Well the HCL says to use this anyway.

Edited by Yoldering 2011-03-09 10:26 PM
 Top of the page
gabol67 Page Icon Posted 2011-03-10 4:34 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Yoldering - 2011-03-09 5:20 PM

I think it is this page... http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wireless/lbc/WPC11/download Make sure you get the version three for CE. Well the HCL says to use this anyway.

Hi Yoldering, I need help. I download and installed the driver (i removed the WCF12 driver) files were copied to the handheld unit and
when I click on WPC-11 Config Utility on the NEC and see the following message:

"Cannot find WCF11STA (or one of its components) make sure the path and file name are correct and that all the required libraries are available.

Is the a step that I'm suppose to do manually?

Thanks again.
 Top of the page
gabol67 Page Icon Posted 2011-03-10 1:18 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

gabol67 - 2011-03-09 11:34 PM

Hi Yoldering, I need help. I download and installed the driver (i removed the WCF12 driver) files were copied to the handheld unit and

"Cannot find WCF11STA (or one of its components) make sure the path and file name are correct and that all the required libraries are available.

Thanks again.

Hi,

I´m going to uninstall everything and try again. I think I downloaded Version 2.5 instead of 3. I could be wrong but I'm starting again.
Also do I need to install the file called "inflated.zip"? And I guess I directly install them to the NEC?
Thanks.
 Top of the page
gabol67 Page Icon Posted 2011-03-10 1:43 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

gabol67 - 2011-03-10 8:18 AM

gabol67 - 2011-03-09 11:34 PM

Thanks again.

Hi,

I´m going to uninstall everything and try again. I think I downloaded Version 2.5 instead of 3. I could be wrong but I'm starting again.
Also do I need to install the file called "inflated.zip"? And I guess I directly install them to the NEC?
Thanks.

Hi,

It did not work. I get the same message: "Cannot find WCF11STA (or one of its components) make sure the path and file name are correct and that all the required libraries are available.
Does any one have any ideas?
Thanks.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2011-03-10 1:51 PM
#
H/PC Elder

there should generally be a single .cab file to install for a driver. if you have the proper driver package no extra files are needed.

it sounds like you're trying to install a ce3 (ppc) driver and as noted, it won't work without extra files.

try this driver instead http://www.ambicom.com.tw/support/WL1100C-CF.html

run the install program. that will extract the driver. note: I suggest you find the driver on your pc, look around, find it then copy it to a flash card instead of using activesync.

it's called "Ambicom WLAN for CE.cab"

install that on your 900, insert the net card and type cw98.dll when prompted for a driver. it's wep only, not wpa so it may be useless.

Edited by wallythacker 2011-03-10 1:53 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-03-10 1:52 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Gabol67

Which version of CE.NET 4.2 is on your Mobilepro...the default factory version or Cmonex version?

Look for and try the wl420.ARMV4 cab file
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2011-03-10 1:55 PM
#
H/PC Elder

note, I edited my post.

I'm not using this on my 900 but my 4.2 netbook pro which, by all accounts should work the same.

Now, take note. If you have the cmonex rom you should type prismnds.dll when you insert your wcf12

that driver is in my 900c so should be in yours too.

it's a wpa compliant driver

hey rich,

any idea how I get the prismnds.dll out of the cmonex rom to use elsewhere? that is all strange to me...

Edited by wallythacker 2011-03-10 1:57 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-03-10 2:15 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Prismnds.dll is a pretty common file found in numerous places for download. If you want the one in the Cmonex rom specifically, I believe it was the one I sent her several years ago and it came from the Linksys WPC11 install file for the pc card, not the cf version. But if you want the exact one from her rom, then you'd better download her 900C rom flash toolkit from her site. Look for the word "Kitchen" as everything is in there you need but the sink. Everything you need is there for disassembling the rom and creating your own custom rom flash for the 900.

Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2011-03-10 4:27 PM
#
H/PC Elder

thanks rich, that's plenty to get me started.

the reason I want the cmonex version is that I know it supports wpa and multiple prism adapters.

edit:

found it.

linksys wcf12 driver has the prismnds.dll bare file, no cab and a simple copy/paste into \windows worked fine.

now all my prism cards have at least wpa security. it will have to do.

confirmed to work with my

dlink dcf 660
belkin fd56020 v1
linksys wpc11 v2.5 (best reception and xmit range)

hopefully this will be of use to others as I didn't really find much that here was useful to me when I was looking for a wpa driver for ce net 4.x

I find this whole thing odd too, IIRC there was lots of talk in the day about no way for the 11mpbs adapters to ever run wpa without firmware mods. Unless the 669k prismnds driver downloads microcode suitable for all my prism cards there was mistaken info given out years back, anyhow, nice to look at my pile of 11mpbs nics and realize they still have a few years life left in them, awesome actually...

Edited by wallythacker 2011-03-10 4:37 PM
 Top of the page
gabol67 Page Icon Posted 2011-03-10 4:58 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Rich Hawley - 2011-03-10 8:52 AM

Gabol67

Which version of CE.NET 4.2 is on your Mobilepro...the default factory version or Cmonex version?

Look for and try the wl420.ARMV4 cab file

Hi Rich,

I looked in System Properties and is says CE.NET Version 4.20. So I think it's the factory version.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9