x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

waveLAN Silver & WPA-2

Megalodon Page Icon Posted 2011-03-14 6:07 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

After reading some questions about whether I used WEP or WPA, I decided to try connecting my old MobilePro 900 with my waveLAN Silver PCMCIA card. I plugged it in, and it seems to "work" in that it lists the APs available, but when I try to connect to my router, I can't get it to. My router uses WPA-2. There is an option for WPA and WPA-PSK in the configuration, but not WPA-2. Also, I'm not sure whether to select WEP or TKIP encryption, which is a separate option. I have no idea how old this firmware is, and despite extensive googling, I can't find the latest firmware for the waveLAN silver card.

What happens: I select my router from the APs listed. I enter in the passkey and selected WPA and WPA-PSK (at different times). I tried selecting WEP, but that didn't work either. Anyway: I click "connect" and it stops for a moment, tries to associate, and then fails to associate and cancels. I should mention, I notice in my desktop configuration, AES encryption is used, and that isn't an option for encryption in my HPC.

Edited by Megalodon 2011-03-14 6:10 AM
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2011-03-14 6:16 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Even if you find new firmware for your wireless card WPA-2 will be never supported by Windows CE.Net 4.2
 Top of the page
Megalodon Page Icon Posted 2011-03-14 7:03 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ah... ok. Why is that, just out of curiosity?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-03-14 10:04 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It isn't simply a matter of drivers, the OS has to support AES.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.128 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9