x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Edit registry remotely without Activesync

hlwilliams Page Icon Posted 2011-03-31 9:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

This is taken from the Toredex Wiki. I have added pictures for those guys that don't read for the articles. LOL

It is possible to use the Remote Tools and the debugging feature of Microsoft Embedded Visual C++ over ActiveSync which is the default but it is also possible to use Ethernet. To switch to Ethernet connection you have to do the following steps:
Open Microsoft Embedded Visual C++ and go to Tools->Configure Platform Manager...
When using Platform Builder instead of Microsoft Embedded Visual C++:
Start the RemoteTool of your choice.
Cancel the first dialog popping up.
Select Connection->Configure Windows CE Platform Manager...
Open the properties of the platform you want to use.
Select the following items:
Transport: TCP/IP Transport for Windwos CE
Startup Server: Manual Server

Press OK
Start the desired Remote Tool or start debbuging.
Choose your Platform. A "Manual Server - Action" window should show up.
For Windwos CE 6 only: (My Visual Land V-Net did not have these so I had to copy them over)
Un-zip and Copy the files from the RemoteTools_TCPIP.zip ( http://files.toradex.com/Colibri/WinCE/Colibri_Software/RemoteTools... ) to the Windows Folder of the CE device.
Start your device and open the command promt window (Start->Programs->Command Prompt). If you don't have a command; prompt there are several free ones to download in the forum.
Enter the whole string from the "Manual Server - Action" window to the Command Prompt on the device

Press OK in the "Manual Server - Action" window and press the ENTER key in the Command Prompt window on the device.
The connection over Ethernet should be established.
As you can see the last 4 numbers chage every time you connect. I just copy and paste the cemgrc.exe /t:tcpipc /q /d:192.168.1.101: and then eneter the last 4 when I want to reconnect. It's a little bit of a pain but at least I can remotely edit and debug.

If you have a command prompt already set up you can make a .bat file to copy the files needed to the windows directory and put it your startup programs so that when you restart they are copied back.

Embedded Visual C++ 4 is available in the download section of HPC:Factor.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 9