x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Opera Mini and WinCE 4.1

[Frozen]
1 2 3 4 5
Frozen
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-07 9:57 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I actually didn't changed the call in coopera.dll (it was giving errors the same way). I changed the call in OperaMini5-WM-armv4.exe to RedGear's _oredll.dll. Actually, Opera Mini opens fine using redgear, but it never browses. If I disable redgear, it only opens if I change the call in OperaMini5-WM-armv4.exe to redgear's _oredll.dll. When I tried to do that before the Skyfire SSL DLLs pack, opera mini wasn't browsing either, and was hanging just after the first attempt to load a website. Now, with these Skyfire SSL DLLs it loads the website and hangs. I don't know why, but it seems a problem about trying to connect and keep the digitizer working. I noticed that even after Skyfire SSL DLLs, if I change the call in ws2.dll to redgear's _s2.dll it opens fine, doesn't hang after trying to connect, but doesn't connect either. Any ideas isotherm? I think that you are the only one that can help us now

PS: I was trying to find ws2.dll in \windows to see if it calls some other dlls and try to solve the problem maybe changing some calls, but it couldn't find it ANYWHERE! In my \windows I only could find the _s2.dll. Is there another place for this dll? I know that I have it because when I use softwares that needs ws2.dll, it usually opens even if I disable RedGear.

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-12-08 5:56 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I know what you did is different from what I did, ntware. I was actually trying to show how a different tweak led to the same result.

ws2.dll is in there - look for it using Total Commander rather than Windows Explorer.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-08 10:27 AM
#
H/PC Elite

That's wierd.... Interesting that this problem affects the touchscreen input in the hole system. If I press the windows logo key, I can see the start menu, but digitizer keeps not working. I believe that it is some problem with a coredll call. I know that coredll takes care of many wince stuffs, but does it control touchscreen inputs? If so, maybe coredll is hanging and touchscreen stops working.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-10 12:43 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I wounder if there is a way to use OperaMini with WinCE3.0. I'm starting to use my Jornada 728 again, as it has a PCMCIA EDGE card, and I use my 3G connection on it. Using Sigmarion I can't go online without a wifi spot. I tried to run OperaMini with my J728 but it just doesn't open. Using RedGear it doesn't show any error messages, just simply doesn't open. I tried to change some dll's but with no result. Without RedGear it complains about the old WinCE3 coredll and missing ws2.dll. Using RedGear's _oredll and _s2 stop it from complaining about bad dlls, but doesn't open the software either.
Interesting is that I tried to use the COOPERA.dll and it didn't complain about anything, like the Sig3 did. But even this didn't open OperaMini. I'm stuck now!! I'm thinking about selling my jornada and buying a MP900 to use my EDGE card (MP has PCMCIA slot, right?) and OperaMini, as many users have reported it working on CE4.2.
Must of my HPC work resumes on a basic internet browsing (Opera 8.65 is not good enough) and office, which both J728 and Sig3 do great with SoftMaker Office 2010. I believe that a MP900 will be a better approach. I just think that it's a little "fatty" as I'm used to jornada form factor, and that's why I never bought a MobilePro. But I think that would be better now, if I can't use OperaMini on my toys...
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-12-12 7:57 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Opera Mini works great on CE 4.2, and specifically on the MobilePro 900. You wouldn't have any problems there.

The coopera.dll is just a passthrough, and it seems Sig III is missing some calls. I can build a new version, but I need to know what calls are missing. Does anyone have a coredll.dll dumped from a Sig III that they can post?
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-12 8:02 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Isotherm, what if you use redgear's _oredll.dll with coopera instead of sig3's coredll? Maybe that could be easier, because you know how _oredll works really well, right? you developed that..

But maybe I can send you my Sig3 coredll... I don't know if its hard to get, because explorer was complaining about copying rom files the last time I tried to copy dlls. But if you point me where to go and what to do, I will give you my Sig3 coredll

Thanks!
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-12-13 3:43 AM
#
H/PC Elite

What we would need is someone who has dumped the Sig III ROM. They would either have a packed ROM image or a coredll.dll file already extracted.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-13 9:55 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I will try to use the "romdumptocf" app available at izemize to dump the rom. It says that it can dump any NAND rom, which is our case. The only problem is that the name of the storage card where the dump file will be stored in is hardcoded as \Storage Card on the software. The Sigmarion names it as \CF Card. I will have to temporarily rename it to \Storage Card using some registry tweak... do you know how to do that?

Edited by ntware 2011-12-13 10:15 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-12-13 4:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-13 5:08 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I successfully dumped my Sig3 rom using RomDumpToCF tool! Unfortunately the registry trick to change Storage Card folder name didn't work on Sig3. So to solve this I just made sure that I had at least 32MB of free RAM storage memory and created a folder named \Storage Card
I think that was the simpliest way. Then I ran the application and it dumped fine, generating a 32MB ROM.dump file. Then I just coppied it to my SD Card and now Im looking for a place to host it. As what we need is just the coredll.dll file, I can also "open" this .dump file somehow and extract it. That would be easier, maybe. Im looking for a software that can extract this file for me. Any ideas?
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-12-14 1:27 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Probably it's easiest to upload it to Mediafire or similar, and then send me the link in a PM. There are tools to extract it, but I've already got them installed.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-14 10:29 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Ok, I'll do it as soon as I get home from work!

Also, is there a problem to post the link here instead of PM'ing you?
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-16 2:03 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I was having problems with my internet at home and that's why I couldn't upload the file. Now finally I solved the problem and here is the MegaUpload link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CQUEU6NY
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-12-17 3:53 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Excellent. I'm not sure why I couldn't get this coordinated earlier, when I was developing RedGear...

Follow the instructions I posted with the attached coopera.dll instead. Be sure RedGear is disabled.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments coopera.dll (89KB - 14 downloads)
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-19 9:46 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Thank you isotherm! I will try it as soon as I get home.
Just a note: it seems that there are some dlls conflicts after MUI pack is installed. For example with redgear, I couldn't use it after installing the english MUI pack. Every software that needs the AYGSHELL.dll would hang my device if I used redgear and English MUI. To solve the problem I tried something tricky but that fixed it. Before installing the english MUI, I installed redgear, and then the GERMAN MUI pack with some addons (found in izemize) and just after that the English MUI. I don't know exactly what changed, but everytime I hard-reset my Sigmarion I must follow exactly this procedure or I will have problems with some software and redgear. So, even if this doesn't work, I will try to hard-reset my Sigmarion and install only opera mini and try to run it with your dll. Then later we try to figure out the MUI problem. But I hope it works out of the box! =)
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 9