x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Opera Mini and WinCE 4.1

[Frozen]
1 2 3 4 5
Frozen
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-12-20 8:37 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Still getting the same result on my Sig 3 with the new coopera.dll. (RedGear not installed.)
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-20 12:23 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Isotherm, you are awesome! I don't know why CE Geek didn't manage it to run, but on my Sig (with redgear installed, but disabled, and German + English MUI packs) Opera Mini runs almost 100%!!!! I could browse web pages with it very fast. The only problem is that digitizer is still not working... But this time a "softmouse" appeared on the screen (probably created by Opera Mini) and I could use it with the arrow keys. Is not very practical, but works. It is similar to my non-touchscreen phone running opera mini. I can use it, but only with the arrow keys. There is also a problem when I try to type stuff on forms. Once the cursor is inside the form and I'm typing, I can't get it out, because the arrow keys move the letter's cursor inside the form instead of moving the arrow cursor.
Well, I think that we are getting closer. We are almost done! At least, execheck didn't complain about the new coopera.dll anymore, and it ran with redgear disabled using only the new coopera.dll.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-12-20 5:07 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I tried the coopera.dll I posted on my CE 4.1 tablet, and it still has touch screen. It looks like the Sig 3 has touch.dll, so I'm not sure what can be the trouble.

You should be able to get out of a form by pressing Enter, and then you can move between elements with the arrows keys again. Alternatively, F1 and F2 (if there is any way to map these on the Sig 3) should correspond to soft keys.

Edited by isotherm 2011-12-20 5:14 PM
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-20 9:49 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Enter key works when I'm on a single line text box (email login for example). But when I'm at a long text box (like this one to write on the forum), enter only gives a carriage return on the text. But I found the F1 key on the Sigmarion as the A1 key, and that works like a charm
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-21 2:01 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Also, there is a problem when you want to return to a previous site. F1 or F2 can't help with that (actually I don't really know if A1 and A2 are the same as F1 and F2, but at least they help me get out of the text boxes... =]

PS: I'm writing this on Sig3 using Opera Mini.... thanks!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-12-21 4:08 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I do have the cursor, but I can't get past the user agreement form. <Enter>, <A1>, and <A2> do nothing. I can switch back to the desktop using Alt+Tab, and open the Task Manager to close Opera Mini, but the touchscreen still doesn't work until I soft reset.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-21 9:53 AM
#
H/PC Elite

CE Geek, before you use COOPERA.dll, just run Opera Mini with defauld coredll.dll using redgear. It will open without internet support, but touchscreen will be working fine. Then you can accept the contract and open the main window. After that, close Opera Mini and change coredll.dll to coopera.dll. It will then work, but without mouse support. The only problem is that once you start Opera Mini, you just get out of it with a soft reset, so no multitasking while browsing with Opera Mini... But at least its FAR supperior than any other WinCE4.1 browser available. It runs superb fast even with my slow 3G connection, its amazing. Actually I realized that Opera Mini runs much faster on my Sigmarion than on my WinCE6.0 Chinese netbook.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-12-23 1:18 AM
#
H/PC Elite

CE Geek, before you use COOPERA.dll, just run Opera Mini with defauld coredll.dll using redgear. It will open without internet support, but touchscreen will be working fine. Then you can accept the contract and open the main window.
Weird that the touchscreen works that way. So the only thing that doesn't work with RedGear enabled is the internet? If so, what does this do:
- set Opera Mini back to referencing coredll.dll
- rename _s2.dll to something else (_s2.bak perhaps)
- rename _ellcore.dll to something else (_ellcore.bak perhaps)
- soft reset (IMPORTANT!)
- be sure RedGear is enabled
- try Opera Mini...
See what happens, if both the touchscreen and the internet will work then... If it has strange display issues, also rename _ygshell.dll to _ygshell.bak

Edited by isotherm 2011-12-23 1:19 AM
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-23 2:25 AM
#
H/PC Elite

isoterm, doing this stops Opera Mini from oppening. It probably complains about missing some dll or function (it's a japanese error, and I don't speak japanese! ). But actually, even with coopera.dll, touchscreen still works when Opera Mini opens, until I try to open a site or request anything from internet. Then it stops and doesn't return until I soft-reset. I believe that the problem is some incompatbility with the Skyfire DLLs and touch.dll... I don't know

But even without touchscreen, I must keep saying that Opera Mini runs great on my Sigmarion. I'm using it now, and sometimes I prefer to use it instead of using my full notebook, because my 3G connection is kinda slow, and with this proxying compactation, even with low-speed connections, its really confortably to surf the web

Edited by ntware 2011-12-23 2:26 AM
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-27 8:51 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Isotherm, I know that it may be hard, but I'm so excited about this OperaMini running on my Sigmarion (again, I'm using it right now! ) that I wanna run it on my Jornada too. What if we get some Sig3 dlls and try to use them with Opera Mini on HPC2000? Is it possible that it may run? How can you extract the files from my Sig3 ROM Dump? I will try to get some of those dlls and use on my jornada...
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-12-29 3:40 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I agree, it would be really nice on Jornada. But it's just not possible to run it on CE3 without further programming. Unfortunately I think some of the missing functions are from WS2 (even RedGear does not have them). I think I could make it load and display, but the network wouldn't work... So there's not much point in that.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-12-29 4:12 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I seem to recall getting a different app working on my ViewSonic ViewPad 100 (CE 3.0) using a hexedited version of ws2.dll, so is it really a lost cause?
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-29 11:50 AM
#
H/PC Elite

What if we try just to load and display it? Then we can try network access using different ws2.dll versions. The good point about Windows is that a big part of the core OS are in dlls. So if we get the right dlls we might be able to run it somehow, right? I don't know the missing functions to open it because when I use redgear's dlls, execheck doesn't complain about anything. When I try to run it, it just doesn't open, or shows anything.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-12-29 1:26 PM
#
H/PC Elite

There really isn't any other fix for WS2 problems than RedGear, unless the program doesn't actually use the WS2 functions (only using the winsock v1 functions anyway). This is why nobody could run Opera 8.65 until RedGear came out. WS2 DLL's from CE.NET were available, but they don't help because WinSock has several layers (many DLL's) and some of them interface directly with the kernel.

I will double check soon, but I am quite certain Opera Mini does use extra functions of WS2 that RedGear doesn't provide.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-30 10:10 AM
#
H/PC Elite

But what if it's possible to figure out these missing functions and implement them on a next version of RedGear? I know that you stopped the project, but if you want something challenging now, I believe that a new version of redgear designed to run a new version of Opera would be great!! And we have nobody here that has the competence to do that instead of you. What do you think? If you plan to release it as a comercial product, I believe that many people here would buy it (me included). I suggest we start a poll to talk about it.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10