x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Thecatmilton Page Icon Posted 2011-04-08 2:15 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

A few months ago my netbook first my adaptor made a POP noise and the magic smoke drifted out of the netbook and the adaptor. I opened the adaptor and realized a few windings on the coil shorted ending my netbook so I advise all of you to buy new adaptors so your netbook does not have to have a quick and painless death...
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-04-08 3:51 AM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

That sucks. What a horrible way to go... like getting shot in the head. Do you really think there's a risk of it happening to anyone else?
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-04-08 11:34 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I've lost two MIPS netbooks and not so mercifully. Their plight is much more wasting. The touchpad goes, then the wfi, then two out of three ports die screaming. That happened to the first. My second one has just lost its touchpad, and we all know this is just the beginning.

I'm down to my third and last

Jake
 Top of the page
Thecatmilton Page Icon Posted 2011-04-08 1:53 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I would say there is a huge risk of happening to someone else mine was only 1 1/2 months old july 14-septeber 3 and the seller was like haha it broke you gotta buy another one...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-04-08 3:55 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

From what I have read about these netbooks they are prone to a lot of problems and frustration. It is really a shame. I am really glad that I never bought one. I am glad that has never happened to my Mobilepro! Of course in order for the touchpad, internal WiFi, USB ports,... to go out on one of them they would actually need to have them in the first place.
Is it a good trade off??? I don't know. I have never paid more that $70 for a HPC and that was a long time ago.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-04-08 4:33 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Yeah, they're a great idea and sometimes only that. On the other hand, RTFM *batters* his collection with flash after flash and they're all good to go (knock on wood, knock on wood). Like everything else, it's all anecdotal. Though Yoldering speaks true: that epoc of HPCs, be they HP or NEC, were finely constructed.

Jake
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 28