x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

How do I find hidden files?

Galane Page Icon Posted 2011-04-16 1:42 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have a Rightway RW200 GPS. (Actually it's a rebranded Mesada unit.) I want to find what it's using for its audio and video players and what it's using for the menu.

I know from running GPS Menu Pez (a 320x240 conversion someone made) that the menu program is named launch.exe but I can't find launch.exe anywhere on the device. Windows Explorer, Total Commander CE and FilemanCE2 - it's invisible to them all.

It's running launch.exe as the WinCE 5 shell instead of the normal desktop. There's only one user customizable function in the menu to point to a different navigation or other app anywhere on "Storage Card" or NANDFlash. NANDFlash is where the nav software is. I had been running iGO8 from an SD card, just today wiped CoPilot from the flash and moved iGO in its place.

Perhaps if I could switch it to mass storage mode from Active Sync mode I might be able to see from Win XP the invisible files? Active Sync is useless with it, all it can do is see it as a "new" device every time it's connected while turned on.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-04-16 7:49 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

If you can find explorer.exe on the device, then maybe you can use CERegEdit to edit the registry of the device using an ActiveSync connection. In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/init, find out which LaunchXX key has the value launch.exe, and edit that value to explorer.exe. That should result in the device booting to the core CE desktop when reset. (I only recommend this if you're familiar with the Windows CE registry.)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 26