x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

arduino and hpc2000

[Frozen]
Frozen
miroslavus Page Icon Posted 2011-04-16 8:44 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Has somebody got experience with programing arduino or any other microcontroller?
Can i connect arduino into the jornada with pcmcia? Do you know abouth any software for hpc (for example: avr studio)?

i thing this is crazy but i can try luck
 Top of the page
miroslavus Page Icon Posted 2011-04-17 10:01 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

*Has somebody got experience with programing arduino or any other microcontroller on jornada 720? (sorry, my bad )
 Top of the page
Karpour Page Icon Posted 2011-04-17 11:24 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Making them talk to each other is not a big problem. Like.. the Jornadas all have a serial port, you'll just need a Converter IC such as the MAX232.
Of course you'd have to write software on the jornada! I don't know if there's a serial terminal program available..

It's probably better to use JLime for that..
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-04-18 3:41 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Once a did a trick with my Jornada and some PICs. Using MAX232 and the J728 serial port I stabilished communication from my jornada to PIC using a small firmware I wrote on the PIC. Arduino is a very good idea to implement. But I think that it's a little hard to run the compiler on our small (and low JAVA-enabled) HPC devices. To just communcate (like transfer files, programs or information) between your HPC and Arduino is pretty easy. If you have and Arduino Serial (the one without FTDI Chip and with a serial output) then you are ready to go. But if you have Arduino Duemillanove or other USB version, probably you will have to find FTDI Drivers for WinCE (I don't believe that they exist actually).
But if you want to compile your software on the HPC, you first need to get the Arduino source code and try to run it on a good portable JVM available for you HPC, and cross your fingers (dunno it will run it). Running the entire Arduino IDE is a way more complex task
 Top of the page
Karpour Page Icon Posted 2011-04-18 8:44 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

The arduino IDE is written in Java, but it depends on numerous other non-Java Tools such as avr-gcc, avr-g++ and other avr toolchain tools, aswell as avrdude for uploading programs.
Too bad Rainer Keuchelt doesn't do stuff anymore, otherwise we should poke him and ask to port the avr toolchain..
 Top of the page
miroslavus Page Icon Posted 2011-04-21 9:41 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

i have a little problem. i havent got serial cable but i have arduino with rs232.
my arduino (its not arduino): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY0kiJNI5oE
 Top of the page
miroslavus Page Icon Posted 2011-04-23 6:36 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

how can i run java on jornada?
 Top of the page
Karpour Page Icon Posted 2011-05-15 10:04 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

There's PersonalJava which is Java 1.1 compilant. Meaning you won't be able to run anything new on there, but you can write your own Java apps.
If you want it, send me a pm! I also have a (not tested yet) package that should allow you to use the Serial port with java.
 Top of the page
miroslavus Page Icon Posted 2011-05-20 5:16 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

what is pm?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-05-20 5:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Personal message - just click on the button marked "PM" at the lower left-hand corner of kpour's post.
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.136 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 9