x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Nec 900 compact flash cards

joshua.lin Page Icon Posted 2011-04-27 9:57 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I was just wondering wether or not the nec 900 (Not 900c) supports type I and type II compact flash cards becasue in the 900 user manuel it only says that it supports type II. Were as in the 900c it states that it supports both type I and type II.

I am also wondering what size compact flash card would be suiteable for flashing cmonex's custom roms to the 900. It is said that a 1gb or smaller card must be used and formated as a FAT 16. But does it really matter couldn't I get a 4bg and format it as a FAT 16 (aware that I'll end up with only 2Gb) but wouldn't it still work ?

BTW I would really like to personally thank the person becsuae they have done an great job and I look forwad to trying it
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-04-27 1:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You can use the same CF cards in either the 900 or 900C. The size of the CF card for the ROM flash doesn't matter, although it is hit and miss. Some users reported that they were unable to flash using a large CF card. I've used a 2GB and 1GB with no problem.

I actually have a 256MB card that has all 3 ROM flashes on it. HPC2000, CE.NET 4.2 factory, and Cmonex v2. I then just change the name of the individual ROM flash to XIP bin using a program I wrote in Visual Basic. I can flash back and forth easily that way.
 Top of the page
Thecatmilton Page Icon Posted 2011-04-27 10:49 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I Just formatted to the plain ol' fat yo ufind in windows 7, and when i upgraded my mp900 to ce 4.2 it worked without any flaws
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-04-27 11:10 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I use a 512mb CF card in mine. But to answer about type I and II, I'm not sure if it'll accept both.
 Top of the page
joshua.lin Page Icon Posted 2011-04-27 11:18 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hey rich that really cool! But Wouldn't you have to hard rest when switching ?

So if I go on ebay and get a 4GB compact flash of any kind (not worrying about type 1 and 2) would it work when I flash cmoexs custom rom in Fat 16?
And does it really make a differncr in terms of the Cf's speeds (50x,400x)?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-04-28 4:52 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Any device that supports Type II CF will also support Type I. The speed doesn't matter with the 900C because it can't read or write to the card at the card's maximum speed anyway.

As Rich notes, a card higher than 1 GB in size can be used. The Type II size, which is thicker than Type I, was created exclusively for mini-hard drives (MicroDrive cards), though some CF WiFi cards use that size. I'd recommend a regular CF card (Type I), because I don't believe that anyone has tried it with a MicroDrive.
 Top of the page
joshua.lin Page Icon Posted 2011-04-28 7:20 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Thank you very much you have been ever so helpfull
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.188 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 11