x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

few questions about Sig3

[Frozen]
Frozen
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-04-28 2:05 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I've been using my "new" Sigmarion III for a while and I'm thinking about a few things to improve my little HPC:

1) Is there a cable or another "way" to plug my Sig3 on a TV or VGA Monitor?

2) How can I use the USB Host? I know that I need a special adapter for the not-usual mini usb available on it. Is it easy or possible to build such cable? If not, where can I buy it?

3) Is the ROM "flashable" so that I can install another OS, such WinCE4.2 or even WinCE4.1 in english (to stop using the MUI translation pack)?

4) What is needed to make a working linux on the Sig3? I realized that the jLime bootloader doesn't work. It seems that it doesn't even try to load the kernel (of course the kernel for the jornada will not work on the Sig3 as they are different platforms, but I was expecting at least a kernel panic or something like that).

5) Is there a working version of DOOM? The one I was using on my Jornada 720 (HPC Doom) gives a fatal error. Probably because it was made for a different arm processor

I think that it's all for now. If I remember more questions I update the post!

Thanks!
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-04-29 4:07 PM
#
H/PC Elite

ok, if you don't know any answer besides the HPC Doom one, you can answer only that. I really want to play Doom on my Sig3 TFT Screen, but can't find any working version...
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2011-04-29 5:20 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

1) Yes, CF VGA cards (from Pro Link, for example, see HCL (hardware compatibility list)).
3) No.
4) Video driver, the Imageon 3200 doesn't have opened documentation.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-04-30 3:51 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Alt Bass, as you signature says, you are a Sig3 user too (happy user btw.. ). So, I just want to ask you what browser do you use on your Sig3? The built-in PIE is great, but many sites doesn't open correctly. Opera 8.65 is almost the same. Do you have a better sugestion?

And... sorry for asking it again, but... did you ever manage to run Doom on your Sig3?

Thanks!
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2011-04-30 12:52 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

As for browser, I cannot suggest any options.

And I play nothing but Atomic Cannon.
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.160 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 8