x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Red gear/cmonex's rom

joshua.lin Page Icon Posted 2011-04-29 7:52 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I'm new to hpc's (I've had pda's that my dad has handed down ) and I would like to ask some questions in regards to the software capabilty of the previous ce Os as well as the newer ones. I have heard Redgear helps run the programs but I'm not sure if it is needed in cmonexs new rom. If it's not avalable do I have to get a big .dll pack and put them in the windows root ?

1. Basically what I am asking is when I get my nec 900 and put cmonexs latest rom on there will I have trouble using normal pda software on it ?

2. When the pda programs run on the hpc how does to handle the resolution? Does it blow it up to fit the 640x240 or does it just stay in it's native res?

That's in advance for your time
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-04-29 10:26 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

RedGear can still be useful on the 900C because it supplies the DLLs you need to run most Windows Mobile 2003 programs. As for the display, most apps retain the Pocket PC resolution (which is where WinWatch comes in handy), though a few wrap to the screen size because they were written that way.
 Top of the page
joshua.lin Page Icon Posted 2011-04-29 10:50 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

So cmonexs suston rom doesn't come with the dlls preinstalled?
I looked up about Winwatch, so basically it allows you to move windows around and maximize them into the full res ?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 9 - Executed queries : 61