x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ActiveSync Problem

bourdice Page Icon Posted 2011-05-02 7:58 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have a HP340LX and a 360LX, I set up the activesync and it worked perfect for a day, I switched it off and went back the next day and now it will not connect. I have tried a soft reset, checking out what I can but nothing seems to cure it. Help please.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-05-02 9:57 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Have you been playing with the serial port speeds in the PC or H/PC:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0025.asp

If so, reset them. The 300 series doesn't like going over 56K and the PC should be left alone on 19.2.
 Top of the page
bourdice Page Icon Posted 2011-05-03 8:40 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for your help, but the speed is set at serial port 19200, I have not touched the PC settings, not really sure how to either. I just noticed that although the screen taps are set at loud in sounds, there is no sound. Also I tried sending a file by infra to my 340LX a message came up saying that it was unable to establish a connection while H/PC is connected to the desk top.They have both been switched off overnight and the 360LX is not even in the cradle, something simple is going wrong here and I have tried everything that I know. I did get it working by doing a hard reset losing all of my files and then re-installing activesync, but that only woked until I disconnected and then went back to the same problem.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-05-03 9:21 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

What happens when you soft reset it? Have you installed SP1?
 Top of the page
bourdice Page Icon Posted 2011-05-03 9:47 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Nothing happens to sort the problem, just a soft reset and no change. What is SP1?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-05-03 9:54 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Go to support and then H/PC:Update. You can download it from there.
 Top of the page
bourdice Page Icon Posted 2011-05-04 10:43 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Again thanks for your help I installed last night, got the 340 and 360 working perfectly, switched on this morning working ok, switched off went away, came back and same problem, they do not recognise each other. I only installed SP1 on the 360lx, tried to re-install this morning on both and nothing.
 Top of the page
bourdice Page Icon Posted 2011-05-04 7:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Is anybody able to give me some help on what is going wrong with my activesync? I have had it working and then it stopped and will not regognise the desktop pc, any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-05-04 7:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Disconnect your HPCs, then open Activesync and delete all your partnerships. Then reset your HPC and then plug it in and see if it is recognized...
 Top of the page
bourdice Page Icon Posted 2011-05-05 7:54 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for your help, it worked and I am back on, only problem is that every time that I shut down my desktop PC, I have to do it again. But I can certainly live with that. Thanks for your help again.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-05-05 8:21 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Now it is time for experts to troubleshoot...I can only provide amateur "this is what I did" assistance...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 9