x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

H/Pc linux/unix with sound support?

jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2011-05-06 11:30 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Can anyone recommend either a unix or linux port that supports sound (either out of the box or with little tweaking) on any of the following machines? MP900, MP880, MP770, Jornada 720...I've heard familiar linux might work but sadly their site is MIA right now...also heard there was a JLime version that had sound but I've had no luck tracking down the right build...thanks in advance for any help/thoughts/ideas
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2011-05-07 12:35 AM
#
My old linux userlands based on familiar and jlime for the j7xx can now be found archived here: http://jlime.com/downloads/releases/other/700/
Mind you they are 3 years old now so more than likely msn and yahoo messenger will no longer work. But they all include firefox and mplayer etc. I'd recommend the gpe version personally.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2011-05-07 12:40 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

yes! thank you!
 Top of the page
jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2011-05-12 12:13 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

RTFM, every time i try to extract the ext2 files to the correct partition i get an error saying the file does not exist. I've tried with both the ICE and GPE version. I've also tried downloading the distros again to make sure i didn't have a corrupted file on my end but i keep getting the same error. Any chance the files up on Jlime are funky? (i was able to extract the regular jlime files when i tried but was hoping to get sound out of my jornada with linux...)
thanks again
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2011-05-12 5:48 AM
#
H/PC Elite

They should be fine. I still see posts about people using those just to have sound. Otherwise try this link: http://qkall.snigle.net/j7xx-rootfs-2.4kernel-05-01-08.tar.bz2
What are you using to extract the files with? I generally have bad luck with GUI archivers. Command line works every time.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2011-05-12 6:48 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

i tried with my mac and the built in GUI extractor on the ubuntu live cd. the jlime ext2.tar opened up fine on the mac but not the "other" build. so i thought i'd try it out on a linux session. but had no luck. i'll try the link you've got on your post and the command line extractor....gotta admit i'm a little nervous about that since my linux command line skills are close to nil but i guess i gotta learn sometime thanks i really appreciate the follow up.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10