x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Emails from different accounts mixed in inbox

aab Page Icon Posted 2011-05-23 8:57 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I had set both my personal and business email accounts on my MP700. Today on a send/receive of my business account it didn't seem to disconnect properly so I had to click connect 1-2 more times for it to disconnect.

From that point on, both my personal and business accounts show my business emails only are are synchronized which of course they shouldn't be (if I delete an email from my personal account, which belongs in the business account, it also deletes it from the business account).

Basically it's showing my business account emails regardless of the account I select, rebooting it didn't help.

Is this a known bug? I sure hope it doesn't happen often and that I can reverse this huge mess.

I'll try deleting all emails and receiving them from both accounts again and see if that fixes it, but downloading 50 emails by dial up is gonna take forever.

Edited by aab 2011-05-23 9:01 PM
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2011-05-23 9:04 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Great, now I download my personal emails first, and sure enough it also put them in my business account.

Is there an email program worth <removed> for Windows CE 2.0?

Edited by C:Amie
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-05-23 9:04 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

A side question the kind of relates to aab's question? Is it possible to corrupt the database when having multiple POP3 email accounts?

Do all POP3 client handlers use the same database, or do they create their own?

Wondering if someone could install Npop, Qmail, and use the native email programs to allow different email accounts without interactions between the databases, thus eliminating the errors?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-05-23 9:20 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

aab please watch your language on this board, consider this site "U" rated.
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2011-05-24 1:10 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I'm sorry I was just frustrated that the inbox program obviously corrupt the email database and is now completely useless. I'm hoping this won't require a hard reset as I still have not found a backup program from CE 2.0 (is there one?)

To answer the question of if the DB can get corrupted, I think that's obviously what happened to me. Does anyone know if it's a simple file I can delete to reset it and if so where is this file?

Thanks
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2011-05-24 7:42 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I deleted both accounts completely, then re created them. I did a send receive on my personal account, and again they also get listed in my business account. How do I delete the corrupted inbox database?

Edited by aab 2011-05-24 7:43 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-05-24 9:30 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Deleting it is easy there are tools, recreating the POOM database isn't so. It's initialised as part of first boot, which means a hard reset
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2011-05-24 10:58 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Are there any backup programs for CE 2.0? Does bUseful Backup have a version for CE 2.0? I really like that one from my 900.

Luckily I don't have that much customized into my 700 yet as I can't even activesync to it, but it has all the software I really need pre installed anyway so I've still been using it and all my work files are on a CF card.

If this Inbox corruption happens again maybe I'll use it just with my business account, but at least with a backup I could easily restore to the last working state if it happens again.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-05-24 2:01 PM
#
H/PC Elite

aab - 2011-05-24 10:58 AM

Are there any backup programs for CE 2.0? Does bUseful Backup have a version for CE 2.0? I really like that one from my 900.

Luckily I don't have that much customized into my 700 yet as I can't even activesync to it, but it has all the software I really need pre installed anyway so I've still been using it and all my work files are on a CF card.

If this Inbox corruption happens again maybe I'll use it just with my business account, but at least with a backup I could easily restore to the last working state if it happens again.
There's one in the Control Panel, just plug in a Compact Flash and away you go.
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2011-05-24 9:28 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Are you sure the MobilePro 700 has one? I've never seen any backup option in the control panel of any Windows CE device before... Perhaps your specific model's manufacturer added a backup program that isn't standard in Windows CE 2.0.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-05-24 11:00 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I think you can use Phatwares HPC Database Explorer to backup the mail database on CE2.

http://web.archive.org/web/19990221032228/http://www.phatware.com/hpcdbex.html#System Requirements

Also HPC Database backup works with CE2

http://schettino.tripod.com/dbbackup.html

Also the Ezos Toolpack contains the EZBackup program which works with CE2 and will backup most everything.

Not sure about the bUseful backup program if that works under CE2 or not. Seems to me I used to use one of the programs from my Casio E11 bonus CD with my old Mobilepros....
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 8