x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Downtime: 27, 30 & 31 May 2011

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-05-26 2:44 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

As some may have noticed, we dropped off today for a little while.

Something is wrong with the lines here which has been causing slow speed for the last couple of weeks. The ISP escalated the issue and the call centre careered into the router and without asking erased the flash rom on it and then left saying it was all fixed...

... all the static IP assignments, firewall rules, port mappings, authentication and access details gone and the fact that it couldn't dial into the ISP network any more aside...

It was even worse and wouldn't stay connected for more than 60 seconds.

Of course it took an hour of reconfiguring for me to work that out.

They've dailled down the line speed to < 800K to make it stable and stop disconnecting so the site will be up today, however you can expect some down time tomorrow (27th), 30th and 31st as engineers are coming out to play with things and the DSL Modem module needs replacing as the ISP fried it which will innevitably mean re-re-configuring the router.

So if you wake up over the next few days and find we aren't here... fear not, it isn't the rapture arriving later than scheduled.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-05-26 3:10 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Thanks for the heads up!
jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2011-05-26 4:50 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Wow that's amazing. If you were a big client heads would be rolling right now at that ISP. How completely unprofessional of them to wipe the router and then walk off talking about how they fixed it.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-05-26 5:07 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Quite :/
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2011-05-26 8:55 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Must... stay... focussed.... It's amazing how much I like swinging by this site even if I rarely contribute. I'll try to withstand the withdrawl effects....
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 56 - Executed queries : 16