x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Install cab file for Sierra Aircard 775

[Frozen]
Frozen
arlex Page Icon Posted 2011-06-14 9:06 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi everybody, I need you help please in providing the right installation cab file for the GPRS/EDGE card Sierra Aircard 775.

I have tried both sources that I know the support section on the forum and the Sierra Wireless web-site to no avail.

The problem with the file downloaded from this forum is that it is installing a crippled version of the 2G Watcher v4.2.0.5. in which some basic functions are missing: setting up a new account, setting the default account, missing "Connections" in the "Tools Menu" (the first position is wrongly "SMS Express", etc.
I have no idea if this is due to the undeveloped version or is it a crippled version due to the install files.
Any confirmation or denial please?

About the other source, the Sierra Wireless web-site, in their archive for AirCard775 in the Folder: /AirCard/AC775/Generic AC775/English the only file appropriate for the HPC2000 it is called E420-Build-0010_HPC2000_DEU.exe (by name should be the German version) which is either wrongly "parked" in the English section or wrongly named. Anyway, running it on a WinXP laptop it doesn't produce anything usefull, i.e. by clicking on it, the screen blinks after a few seconds, then nothing.
I checked the French version, this is working all right and is producing the cab file, but that gives the same crippled 2G Watcher (in French of course).

It seems that I am out of options, therefore can somebody please provide me the right cab file? Or point me where to get it from?

Btw, both the HPC2000 ActiveSync installation folder coming from this site or from the French version mentioned above include 2 cab files:
1. AirCard 700 Series Handheld PC 2000.HPC2000_2577.cab which the right cab for HPC2000, with the above mentioned drawbacks
2. AirCard 700 Series Handheld PC 2000.HPC2000_4000.cab, which I don't know what it is for - it doesn't install neither on my Jornada, nor on my Nec900c with cmonex v2. Maybe it is the right version of the Watcher, but as long as I cannot install it I cannot tell.
Any idea what is this cab for?

Thanks for any support!

Edit: I have installed the same Watcher 4.2.0.5 version on my Nec900c with cmonex v2 (<E4.2.0-Build-0010_CENET_ARMV4_ENG.CAB> from the Sierra Wireless website) and this time it is OK, it is complete with all the options, just like the desktop version. There must be something wrong with the HPC2000 installation cabs that I got so far. Maybe somebody here has the correct version for Jornada 720.

Edited by arlex 2011-06-14 9:59 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-06-15 8:04 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

2577 and 4000 are CPU identifiers for ARM and MIPS, respectively:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/d/0004.asp
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2011-06-19 8:27 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2011-06-15 3:04 AM

2577 and 4000 are CPU identifiers for ARM and MIPS, respectively:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/d/0004.asp

Thank you CE Geek! I have never dealt with MIPS machines, therefore no clue about the 4000 identifier. Now it is clear why it didn't work on Jornada 728.

About the correct cab file for arm with ce 3.0, I wrote to Sierra Wireless, but they did not reply in one week. It is clear that they not supporting anymore the legacy products, but at least I was expecting them to correct the mistake in their archive. Too bad they didn't!
 Top of the page
tõnna Page Icon Posted 2011-07-14 10:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi
Im hijacking this thread or at least trying to get use of it
Basically is question in same cabs and card. I did purchase 775 from eBay After some hassle I did manage to get it work. At least partially. I used cab file from CESD. My problem right now is that Watcher asks after every couple seconds my SIM cards PIN. And then connection cant be established. I have have 2 ISP SIM cards, same problem with both. When I disable SIM security, then connection would be established. When using this 775 on laptop, then that problem doesnt exist. It just asks that PIN once. So I assume that problem is CE app. There is another point. For that 775 exist 2 firmwares, E209 and E211. Watcher wants E209 (after fresh install, when card with e211 is inserted, it wants to "upgrade" to E209) but with E209 I experienced permanent disconnections and massive packet loss with ping. E211 acts much stable. Have anyone experienced similar? Or I got just a little faulty card :S
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2011-07-17 9:20 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

tõnna - 2011-07-14 5:35 PM

Hi
Im hijacking this thread or at least trying to get use of it
Basically is question in same cabs and card. I did purchase 775 from eBay After some hassle I did manage to get it work. At least partially. I used cab file from CESD. My problem right now is that Watcher asks after every couple seconds my SIM cards PIN. And then connection cant be established. I have have 2 ISP SIM cards, same problem with both. When I disable SIM security, then connection would be established. When using this 775 on laptop, then that problem doesnt exist. It just asks that PIN once. So I assume that problem is CE app. There is another point. For that 775 exist 2 firmwares, E209 and E211. Watcher wants E209 (after fresh install, when card with e211 is inserted, it wants to "upgrade" to E209) but with E209 I experienced permanent disconnections and massive packet loss with ping. E211 acts much stable. Have anyone experienced similar? Or I got just a little faulty card :S

I do not remember experiencing anything similar with asking repeatedly for the pin no, but I invalidated the pin long ago anyway. About the update to E209, yes, similar experience, on Jornada with WinCE 3.0 it's asking for update to E209, on the laptop with WinXP it's asking for update to E211. I don't think your card is faulty, it must be the chunked Watcher, as highlighted before for the other limitations.
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9