x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

[FS Resource:US] Nova5000

thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2011-06-17 8:51 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Interesting device

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nova5000-NovaEX-Compact-Computer-Educational-tool-/200619911620?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item2eb5e0e9c4#ht_3607wt_857

I might get one at that price if i can order the sensors being general public
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-06-17 10:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Pretty cheap at the price I guess...bet you could turn it into a nice GPS...but I'd like to have the geiger probe...and I wonder how well the Java is integrated ito the browser...
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2011-06-18 3:02 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I have one, probably from the same seller (or at least the same original source, some consolidated school system). Unfortunately, while I was fooling around with it, I erased or somehow turned off the wireless system (as in ignored the message "are you sure"... thinking that I could always reset it from the ROM). Anyway, the screen is nice and bright and there's certainly enough USB ports (and a real VGA port). Other than my students thinking I've attached a LeapPad to our projector system, it's serviceable. It's on my list of gadgets to play with when I get the time. I was going to use it as an ebook reader. Maybe time for me to power it up (I checked it the other day; after sitting for 6+ months, I thought the charge would be long depleted... but everything was there)?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8