x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Letting my j720 rule the world

pengyou Page Icon Posted 2011-06-18 3:45 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

...well, ok not the whole world, but the ebike that I am designing. I am making an ebike with multiple motors that will require some kind of electronic control/transmission to turn the motors on and shut them off. Some will be used in tandem. I also need the pda to take in various kinds of information through sensors. I have found the sensors and other peripherals that I will need. They all can connect to either usb or some other kind of serial. Can these be connected to a J720? I am pretty familiar enough with the electric and mechanical aspects of this project but am in way over my head in the electronic portion....but, hey! that's how I learn best The software that is used to interface with these things is windows based but I have heard that it easily runs in Linux under Wine. If that doesn't work, there are other options. My main concern right now is getting a brain for my bike.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-06-18 8:56 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you can get your sensors into a standard db9 then there is an adapter for the Jornada. As it happens, member kpour provided us with binaries for personalJava and a serial interface for it not 48 hours ago, which could be used to write a custom control interface I'm sure.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 41 - Executed queries : 29