x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Connecting my j720 to a larger touchscreen

pengyou Page Icon Posted 2011-06-18 11:28 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I would like to connect my j720 to a larger -maybe 5" by 7" - touch screen. Has anyone done this?
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2011-06-18 12:43 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I know that a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush, but you might want to just look at something like the Nova5000. It was designed as a (student) lab computer and was mentioned in the last day. I don't know anything about using it for your ebike project, but my gut feel is that it'll have a larger community of users (granted they're high school and junior high school teachers and students) that might get you started. Basically its the argument between matching a very popular (in terms of numbers sold) and flexible device to a very unpopular task versus a less popular device matched to a specific task. To whit, in my former research lab, we ran WinCE ... on a 30-ton pull-line (basically a device that grabs an extruded fiberglass/epoxy product and continuously moves it through a mold. Very Terminator-esque. That was on a machine designed and built in 2008. It had to control motors and get/understand feedback in a high-vibration environment. Unfortunately, I can't help you because I was just the chemist that was brought in to deal with other issues. Anyway, just some food for thought.
 Top of the page
pengyou Page Icon Posted 2011-06-19 2:04 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks! That has some possibilities.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 40 - Executed queries : 31