x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Can't Jornada online

jordan Page Icon Posted 2011-06-18 3:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

I’ve just signed up to this board as it seems like the place get info regarding the Jornada 720.

I have the Cisco 350 LAN card installed, and managed to set it up so that it is ‘associated’ with 100% signal strength and 96% signal quality. The problem is that I cannot get on line, and am thinking that the problem is to do with the WEP settings.

My provider is O2 and the router WEP is 64 bit (10 digit), but looking at the Aironet ACU, the keys are either 40 or 120 bit. I’ve entered the 10 digit to the 40 bit option, but no joy. Had a good search, but cannot find much information regarding entering the WEP key. Any help that you can provide would be appreciated as I have been messing with this for days

Thanks
Dave
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-06-18 5:09 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

40 bit is the same as 64 bit...it is just how the card makers referred to the key. 40 bit uses a 24 bit initialization vector, hence 40 + 24 = 64 bit. Same thing.

But make sure that your WEP key uses the proper case...some card's use software drivers that distinguishes between "e" and "E". Also make sure you specify the proper SSID.
 Top of the page
jordan Page Icon Posted 2011-06-18 5:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,
Thanks for that.

Have tried upper and lower case, and the SSID is also correct.

When I first installed the card the green and amber leds flashed alternatively, when association was made the green led stopped leaving the amber flashing on its own. Is this correct?

Thanks
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-06-18 7:10 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

1) Did you pull the latest driver and firmware from the HCL. If not, stop and do it
2) Are you using a HEX key or passphrase? Ensure the former
3) Install vxUtil, check it is getting an IP address
4) Go for 128-bit WEP
5) Recheck 2
 Top of the page
jordan Page Icon Posted 2011-06-19 11:14 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Successes! The problem seemed to have been a combination of things. ‘In Network Configuration’ where it lists the Lan cards, as well as the others listed there is Aironet 1, and Cisco Wireless Lan, both of which relate to the card that I have installed which is the ‘Cisco Aironet 350’, and I had set the wrong one, or entered info for both. When I ran vxUtil it showed both cards listed both with information entered. However, after removing the info from Aironet 1 it still would not connect, this was due to ‘Proxy Server’ in Internet Options box being activated. As soon as I deactivated this, the thing jumped into life.

So thanks for the help as you have just saved a perfectly good Jornada from being thrown out of the window.

Many thanks
Dave
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9