x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720 Page View

jordan Page Icon Posted 2011-06-19 11:37 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Now that I have my J720 on line, all seems well, but I find that some pages will not display properly. Two pages that I have come across so far is Google and EBay. Google states that ‘my browser will not display correctly’ but with EBay I cannot sign in to my account, I’m getting the message ‘An error in secure channel support’.

Anyone else finding this and is there a solution?

Thanks
Dave
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2011-06-19 8:09 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Jordan, did you try the specific mobile pages:
http://www.google.com/mobile/
or
http://m.google.com
or
http://www.google.com/xhtml
and
http://wap.ebay.co.uk/

Please don't forget that you can shrink large websites for mobile use with
http://www.skweezer.com/
or with
http://mlvb.net

Edited by arlex 2011-06-19 8:32 PM
 Top of the page
jordan Page Icon Posted 2011-06-20 12:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,
Thanks will have a look at those options.
 Top of the page
jordan Page Icon Posted 2011-06-30 11:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,
I’ve had the Jornada 720 for a few months now and very impressed with the little gadget, especially after getting the wireless card working. The only problem being that the now aging browser does not support all pages. Google, my Home page just happens to be one and does not allow me to log in to check my mail, though it does the searches without any problem. However, not being one that easily gives up, I spent some time thinking on how I could get round the problem. Thanks for the advice from the previous post, I found that m.yahoo seemed to work quite well on the Jornada allowing me to log in and out and use email. Getting back to Google, I set up mail forwarding to Yahoo and it works just fine. So now I can access my Gmail on the 720 after all, all be it in a round about way.

Edited by jordan 2011-06-30 11:32 PM
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2011-07-01 5:01 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

jordan - 2011-06-30 6:27 PM

Hi,
I’ve had the Jornada 720 for a few months now and very impressed with the little gadget, especially after getting the wireless card working. The only problem being that the now aging browser does not support all pages. Google, my Home page just happens to be one and does not allow me to log in to check my mail, though it does the searches without any problem. However, not being one that easily gives up, I spent some time thinking on how I could get round the problem. Thanks for the advice from the previous post, I found that m.yahoo seemed to work quite well on the Jornada allowing me to log in and out and use email. Getting back to Google, I set up mail forwarding to Yahoo and it works just fine. So now I can access my Gmail on the 720 after all, all be it in a round about way.

Hi Jordan, I'm glad that your Jornada does now what you expect it to do. In terms of browsing experience, you might want to try Opera 8.65 (30 days trial) with RedGear (now free thanks to Isotherm), you'll get outstanding performance.
 Top of the page
jordan Page Icon Posted 2011-07-01 3:34 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,
Thanks for that!

What happens after 30 day as registration does not seem to be available?

Edited by jordan 2011-07-01 3:42 PM
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2011-07-01 6:53 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

jordan - 2011-07-01 10:34 AM

Hi,
Thanks for that!

What happens after 30 day as registration does not seem to be available?

You're welcome! Do a search on this forum, I recall there is a registration link posted in the past few month or let's say this year.
 Top of the page
jordan Page Icon Posted 2011-07-04 10:33 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

No joy with this so far I'm afraid. If anyone had a solution, I would appreciate a pointer.

Thanks
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2011-07-04 7:15 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

jordan - 2011-07-04 5:33 AM

No joy with this so far I'm afraid. If anyone had a solution, I would appreciate a pointer.

Thanks

Hm, indeed I've also found no clue, though could have sworn that a link was given this year. But in my favourites I've found this link: https://secure.bmtmicro.com/servlets/Orders.ShoppingCart?CID=310&PRODUCTID=3100026&AID=812930&CURRENCY=USD
I cannot guarantee that it is working any more, but it is worth trying.
Did you try to google for this solution?

Good luck to you Jordan!

P.S. Did you give a shot to the trial version of Opera 8.65 with Redgear, is it working to your expectations? If not, then you should try that first.

Edited by arlex 2011-07-04 7:18 PM
 Top of the page
jordan Page Icon Posted 2011-07-05 12:53 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,
Yes, I did install it as well as RedGear and it works just fine.
I also tried the page that you provided, entered the device id number, but came to a dead end, ‘no longer available’. There was a support link on that page and have emailed them, will let you know if I get anywhere with it.

Regards
 Top of the page
Chuck E Page Icon Posted 2011-07-06 12:22 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

jordan - 2011-06-19 5:37 AM

Now that I have my J720 on line, all seems well, but I find that some pages will not display properly. Two pages that I have come across so far is Google and EBay. Google states that ‘my browser will not display correctly’ but with EBay I cannot sign in to my account, I’m getting the message ‘An error in secure channel support’.

Anyone else finding this and is there a solution?

Thanks
Dave

On most of my HPCs, the best-working Google site is google.com/dirhp

This is the Google Directory. Image search works on my old handhelds here, to return to the search results after viewing a full-sized image, use the history list.
 Top of the page
Chuck E Page Icon Posted 2011-07-06 12:27 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

jordan - 2011-06-30 5:27 PM

Hi,

I like these creative solutions to enable us to keep our handheld pcs functioning online.
 Top of the page
neill Page Icon Posted 2011-07-30 7:23 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I get gmail fine on my 728 with redgear and opera 8.65
 Top of the page
jordan Page Icon Posted 2011-07-31 9:24 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi Neill,

I have installed RedGear and Opera and agree that they work fine, but the Opera download is a 30 day trial. I've tried the option to register and it goes to a blank page, so it seems that they only support the up to date browsers. I have tried many options to try and get the reg key, but always come to a dead end.

Edited by jordan 2011-07-31 9:24 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 12