x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

IRDA Data Transfer

jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2011-06-25 2:35 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Ok I've never used IRDA but I think I need to figure it out for something I'm working on. I've got an old Toshiba Libretto 110ct that has a CD ROM that's a little iffy. The CD is fine but the Libretto doesn't like it very much. So here's my idea. I need to get data from the CD to the Libby. I want to grab another machine and copy the CD data to a CF card then stick that CF into my jornada and have it transfer the data via IRDA to the Libby. Do I need active sync on the Libby to do this or is there a way for my jornada to beam that info over via some built in utility in windows CE? I actually have two libby's one with 98 and the other with 2000 but i'm willing to try this on either one so if you know of way to do it on either OS I'd be totally grateful. In the mean time i'm gonna start tinkering and see how far I can break this project before somebody sets me straight. Thanks for any info guys!
 Top of the page
jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2011-06-25 4:05 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

ok so i managed to get files from one hpc to another, that's easy. and it looks like sending it to windows 2000 should be easy too but i can't figure out where to tell it to receive the file. When I tell my jornada to send the file it just sits there telling me it's looking for a recipient....
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-06-25 7:41 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Try putting the file in \My Documents on the Jornada and then running ActiveSync via IrDA. It'll then copy it over to the Synchronized Files folder for the Jornada on the Libretto.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-06-25 3:36 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Or use a desktop IR program like QuickBeam 3.4. I can't remember if QuickBeam installs the necessary IR drivers or not--if not, and you don't already have the drivers installed on Win9*, you'll need IR 2.0, I think.

I'm doing this from memory only, since I no longer use IR and don't have my IR-capable machines at hand.

Jake
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-06-25 4:34 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You can do this without ActiveSync. Either Install an IrObex client or TotalCommander on the H/PC, this will allow it to talk directly to the Windows native IrFile Trasnfer client.

You only need the 2 IR updates for Windows 95, 98 already has it.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-06-25 4:41 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Yes, it's vaguely coming back. Chris, Win98 has native receive but not native send (thus needing third-party app). Do I have that right? And Win95 has no stock support?

Jake
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-06-25 5:04 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I always used to send files over IR from 98 natively. The entire stack was available for 95, you just needed to install the stack driver and the file transfer utility separately. Windows 2000 does the same, but you use the Wireless icon in the Control Panel. with 9x you could use the tray icon to do it.
 Top of the page
jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2011-06-25 8:09 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

very cool. I'll see if i can get total commander on the jornada. I went out and bought a pcmcia usb card for now but I'm gonna play with this some more so I can sswap files easily it seems like a very convenient way to get stuff back and forth if i can make it work...plus with the active syncing feature maybe i'll really use my jornada the way it was meant to be used instead of as a laptop replacement. great info guys thanks a bunch
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9