x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Self-Powered USB Keyboard for OTG Use on an HPC

[Frozen]
Frozen
Jacobi Page Icon Posted 2011-07-08 5:48 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I'd like to be a able to use a self-powered keyboard plugged into the OTG port on the Psion Netbook Pro (and other HPC/PDA/Smartphone devices where it would apply).
As of now I can use a generic, flexible, lightweight USB keyboard.
I'd like to use instead, a regular, standard desktop size keyboard, but would not want to use up the battery on the HPC.
Does anyone know of a moderately priced, regular USB keyboard with a power jack, so it could be powered on its own, with a 5v AC adapter or a USB battery pack?
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2011-07-08 7:09 AM
#
H/PC Elder

That's a very strange request... considering how little power a keyboard uses and how much battery life a Netbook Pro has. Unless you want to use a backlit keyboard or something?

Anyways, how about a powered USB hub?

BTW, I don't think Netbook Pro has an "OTG" port, which is introduced for USB 2.0.
 Top of the page
Jacobi Page Icon Posted 2011-07-09 4:43 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

takwu - 2011-07-08 2:09 AM
Anyways, how about a powered USB hub?

thanks!
I should have thought of that, haven't used those in a while!
I would prefer a more direct connection;
but I'm going to try a hub, when I receive a new full-size USB keyboard which actually I bought for my laptop.

BTW, I don't think Netbook Pro has an "OTG" port, which is introduced for USB 2.0.

Netbook Pro does support "OTG", but only on its mini-USB port, and with the right cable.
If you read my post, I've already used a USB flimsy keyboard with it.

you want to use a backlit keyboard?

Ah, that would be my dream! great for nighttime writing inspirations, etc.
those are pricey though... I would be glad to use at least a standard keyboard and get the power setup going in the meantime,
because I make too many typing mistakes on the Psion's own keyboard.
This "strange request" would be great when concluded, because imagine using this with a smaller PDA, even your WM6 smartphone (for those that support OTG)!
... so much easier to type...
Would like to hear from other users who have done it

so... does anyone know of a good, lightweight, not too pricey, self-powered, (LIGHTED - or not), qwerty, full-size keyboard?

Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 39 - Executed queries : 30