x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP340LX Internet cable

bourdice Page Icon Posted 2011-07-08 10:32 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Some time ago I was trying to find a wireless card for my trusty old HP340LX, I soon realised that it was very difficult to get sorted. Now I would like to get a cable to connect to my BT hub 3, can anybody tell me what cable/plugs to get and how it connects to the hub and HP? Should it run broadband and how to set it up? Any help appreciated.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-07-08 5:16 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You need a CE 2.00 compatible wired nic from the HCL assuming your hub is an ethernet one.
 Top of the page
bourdice Page Icon Posted 2011-07-10 4:23 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the help but I do not really understand what you mean, my desktop pc is connected via wireless to my BT hub, I can connect to my BT hub using an ethernet cable for my HP340LX, trouble is I do not know how to connect the ethernet plug to the HP. Is it via the serial port somehow or via the card slot and some sort of adaptor, unfortunatelt I do not have the original manual and do not know how they were designed to be connected origianally. Any help greatly appreciated.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-07-10 5:05 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You need to buy a compatible Wired Ethernet Card (NIC) to go in the PC Card slot. A list of compatible adapters can be found in the HCL (Support > Hardware Compatibility List).

You also need to install my Network Service Pack (NSP) (Support > H/PC:Update).
 Top of the page
bourdice Page Icon Posted 2011-07-14 8:14 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the help, it now makes sense to me.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-07-31 12:51 PM
#
H/PC Elite

A card using the NE2000 chipset (check card specifications) is a best bet as the driver is included with the Network Service Pack.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10