x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

JLime CPU Sleep

sa1110 Page Icon Posted 2011-07-11 4:31 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, I had looking into JLime a few years back and decided not to install it as it doesn't put the CPU properly to sleep when suspended. I'm wondering has this problem been address yet on the Jornada 728 series? What is the average battery life on standby? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

PS, I tried to post this on JLime forum. But did not receive activation email nor receive reply from admin.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2011-07-12 1:24 AM
#
H/PC Elite

If you have one of the "rare" flashable rom boards, suspend works perfectly fine like it does with wince. If not then suspend lasts about 24 hours. The "fake" suspend does the following: drops cpu speed to about 54mhz, disables pcmcia slots (wifi cards, pcmcia hard disks etc), and shuts off the backlight. Upon hitting the power button from suspend everything gets turned back on instantly, it just wont suspend for 2 weeks without killing the battery.
 Top of the page
sa1110 Page Icon Posted 2011-07-12 6:37 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks. I doubt my jornada is of the rare type. Believe I checked a few years back that its not. So I guess I'll stick with CE still.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8