x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

wifi card running ok on CE 2.11, but no IE connection

unplugged Page Icon Posted 2011-07-16 5:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi everybody.

Let me upload the photo first.

As you can see, I believe I've got the right driver and the right PCMCIA wireless card (Netgear 802.11b wireless PC card model MA401) . The pict is not very good; but you can see that the link quality and the signal strengh are quite ok.

So far everything is ok.

My questiĆ³ns:

How do I get the Internet Explorer to use this connection?

If I try to create a new connection through the remote connection wizard ( so I can choose this in Internet Explorer options) the option to select the PCMCIA card does not exist. Somehow the wizard only allows me to make a Dial-up connection

So my conclusion is that windows ce 2.11 is too old to get a wireless connection running. Am I right or I miss something?

So Is there any easy way to get wifi on windows ce 2.11?

My device details:
Samsung Izzi pro, running windows ce 2.11 on a mips processor 3000 family

Thanks a lot

Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-07-16 5:46 PM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

Try turning off auto-dialing in Internet Settings. All versions of CE can use WiFi cards except 1.00. The thing is, versions of CE that came before 2001 did not have native support for WiFi, and I'm not even sure if the NE2000 ethernet driver comes with 2.11. However, with the right settings and the right card and drivers, it is possible to use WiFi on you Izzi Pro. It seems you have the right setup, too. Some cards are better than others for CE compatibility, and the Netgear MA401 is popular.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-07-17 9:59 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If it isn't as simple as disabling the proxy server setting in IE, I imagine that your Wifi isn't getting an address from the dhcp server. Install vxUtil to check.
 Top of the page
unplugged
unplugged Page Icon Posted 2011-07-29 9:40 AM
#
Thanks a lot.
I'll try again.
 Top of the page
unplugged
unplugged Page Icon Posted 2011-07-29 9:45 AM
#
C:Amie - 2011-07-17 9:59 AM

If it isn't as simple as disabling the proxy server setting in IE, I imagine that your Wifi isn't getting an address from the dhcp server. Install vxUtil to check.

Yes, you right. It is unable to get the ip address
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-07-30 9:20 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

This means that your WEP key is wrong. Use the WEP Key NOT a passphrase.
 Top of the page
PVSpa Page Icon Posted 2018-04-24 7:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Weird, I followed all of these instructions, but while my nic is associated with the router, it's not being assigned a DHCP ip address. I tried using a static IP address, but I have no way to test the connection, as it would not show up in the DHCP client table, and there is no ping command. The same NIC works perfectly on Jlime, so it's not a problem with the NIC or the router, it has to be software. I might have to use a seperate PC with an alfa card to check the association and NMAP to check the connection, cause this is getting weird.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2018-04-26 12:32 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Well I don't know if it will work for your case, but try making your H/PC's clock to the real time of your current location (whatever that is, maybe the same as router?).

I had one experience of that being the case, and it connected to the internet fine.

-stingraze
 Top of the page
PVSpa Page Icon Posted 2018-04-26 5:03 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks, will try this
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-04-26 6:02 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Install vxUtil and you will have ipconfig/ping type commands to test with.
 Top of the page
PVSpa Page Icon Posted 2018-04-26 6:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Forgot to post update from last night: Tried using Alfa card, found that the device was connected to the access point, tried using NMAP to find the IP, found my PC connected to the access point but no Jornada. Will be trying to afforementioned clock sync and seeing if that works
 Top of the page
PVSpa Page Icon Posted 2018-04-27 6:23 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Clock synchronization did not work, but will install vxUtil, ping and ipconfig would be pretty useful right about now. Thanks!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-04-27 8:23 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I suspect you'll find that it has no IP address. The usual cause here is that it didn't negotiate with the AP and 50% of the time that is because you're using a passphrase instead of a WEP key.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2018-04-29 1:22 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I forget, but if you're using Internet Explorer, wasn't there an option to use Network (instead of modem / dial up) for connecting to the internet? Maybe that's what's wrong. I forget if there was that option in Windows CE 2.11.

Edited by stingraze 2018-04-29 1:23 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 29