x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-07-21 4:16 PM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

I need a Handheld PC speaker that I hope is generic and is about 2.1 cm in diameter. I hate myself right now. I took apart the Mobilon I got to tighten the hinge, found it was a rivet inside instead of a screw, gave up, put it back together, noticed I hadn't put one of the springs back in again, opened it too fast, and cracked the tiny little plastic board piece on the speaker off and into two pieces.
 Top of the page
Thecatmilton Page Icon Posted 2011-07-22 12:57 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

you might want to try radio shack's parts section but i give no guarantees. I will give you a link to something that might work but you might have to mod your case to make it fit properly though... link belew
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=laptop+internal+speaker&_sacat=See-All-Categories
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-07-22 12:55 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Maybe someone as an old NEC Mobilepro speaker...they are about that size...alas I no longer have any parts as I either sold or gave them all away....
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-07-22 3:11 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks Takwu, but I think all of those speakers are too big. The Mobilon is Jornada-sized and the mainboard takes up most of the space. One of those small coin speakers is what I need. But ah, I just remembered something though! When I was younger I would take apart all my old toys and build little robots and stuff - I have a little drawer full of speakers about this size! If none of those work, I'll see if someone has a broken H/PC. Also, does anyone know what the spring for the power button in the Mobilon looks like, I think I lost it. I'll keep looking with a magnet. Otherwise, I also have a drawer full of springs...

EDIT: Okay, I found one speaker and one spring I'm almost certain will work, but I'll wait until I can confirm no one has a H/PC for parts around here or eBay.

Edited by MobilePro Master 2011-07-22 3:30 PM
 Top of the page
Thecatmilton Page Icon Posted 2011-07-22 3:48 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I hope you have a soldering iron...
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-07-22 6:46 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I do.