x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Should HPC:Factor have a Palm-Size PC Forum?

1 2 3
Should HPC:Factor have a Palm-Size PC Forum?
OptionResults
Yes, we should have a support forum for PsPC
No, we should not have a support forum for PsPC

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-07-24 12:38 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

So here is the question:

Should HPC:Factor have a forum section for Palm-Size PC (CE 2.01 - 2.11)?
This would not include Pocket PC 2000, 2002, 2003, 2003 SE, Windows Mobile 5.0, 6.x or WP7.

Nice and simple

Comments and thinking below
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-07-24 1:58 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Yes, it seems that we have been discussing them a lot lately...just please PPC and WM out of it please!!! I think the CE devices stay in the HPC:Factor arena...
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-07-24 11:36 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Comments *and* thinking? If I have to do both, I would say, yes, the new section sounds like a good one. I very much enjoy reading about what folks are doing with their machines, regardless of said brand.

Jake
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-07-25 12:00 AM
#
H/PC Elite

It would certainly make for a very interesting Legacy Windows CE site (Palm-size PC (CE 2.x), Handheld PC (CE 1, 2.x, 3 and 4.x)). In the future there will probably end up being a Pocket PC forum as well.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-07-25 9:00 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Paspie - 2011-07-25 12:00 AM
In the future there will probably end up being a Pocket PC forum as well.
Not on my watch there will not
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-07-25 1:51 PM
#
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2011-07-25 9:00 AM

If all the old ones disappear? I suppose that would only trigger a completely new site on the same lines as this one. PPC: Factor.
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-07-25 2:16 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Paspie - 2011-07-25 7:51 AM

C:Amie - 2011-07-25 9:00 AM

If all the old ones disappear? I suppose that would only trigger a completely new site on the same lines as this one. PPC: Factor.

HAHA!!! About 6-7 years ago C:Amie pulled an April Fools Day joke and changed the complete site to PPC:Factor, it was great...I seem to remember that a lot of people were really upset...
takwu Page Icon Posted 2011-07-25 9:56 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Yeah totally, PPC:Factor was a great April Fools joke. Runner up was the "new' Mobile Pro.

Anyway, sure there's no reason not to include PSPC. Although they are direct predecssor to PocketPC, they are very closely related to HPC, as they have same processors and GUI. The only difference is the virtual keyboard vs physical, and smaller screen resolution.

The bigger reason why we've been talking about this though, is that PSPC has a small community, even smaller than HPC. They need the support of a site like HPC:Factor, and there is definitely room here for it.

The same reason is why I don't see PPC or WM being on this site: the user base is much larger than HPC, and they already have many other larger websites to support them. It doesn't make sense to include PPC/WM here.

BTW, PSPC also follows logic as this site added support for CE.Net and 5/6 not too long ago, which are not necessarily in HPC form. If we can have CE.Net tablets, why can't we have CE2 tablets?
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-07-25 9:56 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Apart from aab the whole site has gone really quiet. We've got the occasional site update, the spurts of members who were briefly interested in the devices (like me!!!) but ermm ... nothing much new or groundbreaking for the last year or so. Maybe we are too busy using them.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-07-25 10:05 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you want to see new and ground breaking, you'll either have to tell us what we've missed or do something new and ground breaking. I've been trying for years to get people to send in news, articles etc. It hasn't worked.So the site hasn't changed.
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-07-25 10:19 PM
#
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2011-07-25 10:05 PM

If you want to see new and ground breaking, you'll either have to tell us what we've missed or do something new and ground breaking. I've been trying for years to get people to send in news, articles etc. It hasn't worked.So the site hasn't changed.
No, I quite like it like this. Most sites with this scale and popularity that don't match are quite rare and it's quite a novelty to me that you are still willing to keep it online as an information/historical/educational resource with the forum as an afterthought. Quite quirky.
lotec Page Icon Posted 2011-07-26 10:08 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Yes! There should be a section for Palm-Size PC (CE 2.01 - 2.11). It will only expand the site to include more support and discussion on CE 2.01 - 2.11 HPCs. After all, why shouldn't the section be added?
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-07-26 3:09 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The site "goes quiet" every summer...and then picks up in the winter. As far as a ppc forum, heck, there are already so many other ppc forums out there that have answered every question conceivable. Why reinvent the wheel?
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-07-26 4:29 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Rich Hawley - 2011-07-26 3:09 PM

The site "goes quiet" every summer...and then picks up in the winter. As far as a ppc forum, heck, there are already so many other ppc forums out there that have answered every question conceivable. Why reinvent the wheel?
While I completely agree, the original question was over PsPC rather than PPC.
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-07-26 9:15 PM
#
H/PC Elite

What I meant was that as currently fairly recent platforms transition into vintage, HPC: Factor could take up support for them. Pocket PC could be next up, than smartphones etc.
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 14