x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help WIth WIn CE device recognized as Windows CE USB Device

danko.ba.nanko Page Icon Posted 2011-07-27 1:16 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello all,

I have a OEM GPS unit with WIN CE 5.0 on it. I tried to install a different SW than it was on it originally (MioPocket), all went fine but I also used CeRegEditor to tweak some registry keys so my unit would not boot into default SW. As I said it was all working fine but I said let me try one more change and it messed all up. The unit now boots only into what seems to be a splash screen and it hangs there.

I have WIndows XP SP3, and have ActiveSync installed obviously since I use CeRegEditor, but now problem is I can not do backup or change back trough RegEditor of the unit since I can not start WinCe to boot and ActiveSync does not recognize the unit connected trough USB (I can see unit connected trough my PC in Device manager as Windows CE USB Devices-Microsoft USB Sync).

Now my question is does any one knows if there is some WinCE regeditor that does not need ActiveSync to work and read out the registry of the unit so I can fix changes which I made.

Can these fixes be made with Visual Studios Remote tools or what would need to find a way to read out the registry of the unit. I also read online about KITL method but I have no idea what this is or where to start.

Basically what I did is I erased a binary in HKLM\init called Depend50 and all problems started there.

Please if there is any one who can help me I bought this unit as a gift for a birthday that is due in few days, and taking it or returning is not an option.

All help is appreciated

Edit: Is there a way to simply reinstal Win CE 5.0 on it...and I know it has MTK CPU 64Mb in it and Win CE 5.0 installed and this is what it says under proprieties/general tab Location: Location 0 (Generic Serial (PROTOTYPE--Remember to change idVendor))

Edited by danko.ba.nanko 2011-07-27 1:58 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 9