x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help! CE 5 Core GPS Touchscreen and Sound not working. Driver problem probably.

hungry4cheese Page Icon Posted 2011-08-03 11:05 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi everyone!

I'm currently trying to repair my grandparent's Orion OGPS-02 handheld device running Windows CE Core 5.0. They reset it and it somehow screwed up the rom. I found a rom replacement and installed it. Now I have gotten it to boot to the windows CE gui and can use it through active sync remote desktop, but the touchscreen does not respond. It is not a hardware problem because it worked before. There is also no sound. I have access to the registry and have extracted the DRIVERS.BIN the rom I downloaded came with. There is a dll file called touch.dll inside the rom and it is also present in /Windows. I took a look at the registry through Ce Registry Editor and checked under Drivers that there is nothing relating to this touch.dll. Interestingly I can launch igo with my remote desktop and it can even connect to GPS sattelites, but no sound or touchscreen access. I tried re-calibrating to no avail. I have also attempted to make a random registry entry under drivers in the registry, but I am pretty sure I did this wrong. Could anyone help get the touchscreen and sound working? There really is no support for this device anywhere. I have been searching for 2 days now. Apparently the device is the same hardware as the Navon N460 for which I also have the rom. I can install that rom as well, but cannot get anywhere into the CE gui because it is in mass storage mode and I cannot set explorer.exe as an init entry. Oh also, to make this harder, everytime the system reboots, it clears any additional files that were placed into anywhere. It is pretty ridiculous. Any help is appreciated. I tried to upload the rom files, but it is around 10mb so if anyone needs it I will try to upload it to some other page to download.

Thanks in advance!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 9