x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

A Chinese is asking for help wm8505 can't read sd card

qq12iup Page Icon Posted 2011-08-04 1:38 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello Every one,
I am from China JiangXi Province NanChang City.Well,since I have a WM8505 book,it has a logo "wireless book".But I find it can't read sd card ,but I need it to change system,but it can't read !
What can I do? Who can help me?
???!??!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-08-04 1:52 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you are using a SD card that is > 2GB you may have problems if the slot is not SDHD. Try it with a smaller SD card.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-08-04 10:42 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The slots on these are supposed to support SDHC, C:Amie. I've used an 8 GB SDHC card in my WM8505s without a problem. I've noticed, though, that it sometimes has trouble reading old cards. Is this a brand new card, qq12iup? Also, check the formatting of the card on a PC. If it's formatted to NTFS, CE 6 can't read that without special software. It should be formatted to FAT32. Even if it's already in that format, reformatting and then trying it again can't hurt.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2011-08-04 10:47 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

There are also some netbooks (such as my Sylvania 7 incher) that say they support only up to 8GB SDHC, and I've had trouble with the 8GB sdhc I have, though perhaps it's because is a Class 10? The 1gb works fine for mine..
 Top of the page
qq12iup Page Icon Posted 2011-08-05 2:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you, but I tried 1GB card,it has the same problem. Now I have no idea, what's wrong with it?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-08-05 2:57 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Check the pins in the card slot and make sure they are not bent up and are making good contact...
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2011-08-05 8:02 PM
#
Also make sure you are putting the SD in the right way. On those (and most other cheap netbooks) the SD card goes in upside down (with pins facing up).

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.160 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9