x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Ethernet card not working

torch Page Icon Posted 2011-08-09 9:03 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Hi, I received my Wifi and Ethernet PCMCIAs for my MobilePro 790. I was expecting more trouble from the wireless, but it works great-got the Orinoco Silver, the Lucent one!

Anyway, the Kingston EtherX PC-2, which is supported for NE2000 (ie built in driver) and I look on the HCL and its listed as compatible but it does not work on my MobilePro. I connect it, CE gives the 'Do you want to run xyz on battery power?', and an NE2000 and Proxim ethernet stuff show up in the network control panel, but other than that, it does not work--the internet I mean. (It was connected to my router with the ethernet client port) The yellow light is very dim, but when I disconnect the dongle it looks like it turns off, so I think there's something going on..

Anyway, I don't know what to do. I guess I have a few more days to get it returned. And this is a 5V card, according to the back, I scavenged the CESD, but couldn't find any info on if the voltage matters. I really want this card to work, as it fits flush with the case, and I can remove the dongle as needed.

Thanks,

torch
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-08-09 9:20 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

1) Have you installed all device updates from H/PC:Update
2) Install vxUtil and see if you are getting an IP address
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2011-08-09 10:18 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

The 790 is up to date, and vxUtil won't detect an IP with the whois function. (I connected to the router)..
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-08-09 10:42 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Whois is the domain registration protocol, check the ip configuration settings.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2011-08-10 8:55 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Which IP address do I look at in the VXutil info pane? I see the Handheld PC one, the Wireless one (wireless not plugged in fyi), PROXIM ethernet and NE2000? internet.. I've never used VXutil until yesterday, so please bear with me.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-08-10 9:43 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Look for any IP address for the ethernet adapter that you are using that matches your network range e.g. 192.168.0.x.

If you see a 169.x.x.x number then DHCP isn't picking up an address.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2011-08-10 10:03 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I have 169 for everything, except I have 192 for dhcp server, default gateway, and primary dns in the NE2000 thing.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 8