x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

geekydee Page Icon Posted 2011-08-13 6:51 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

ook, so I dusted off my j690 and have been using it for a while and decided to wifi it. Took an old WL100 card I had and started playing with it. I ended up having to take my old Portege 3010 out of hiding and fire iut back up (battery is gone bye-bye now, need to find another one /sigh) and upgrade firmware to 0.08.00 and driver at 1.04.05 (that was the driver I just got off HP's site). I can connect once but when I go to a new page, it boots me off the wifi. I set up a guest channel with no security to test with and it still drops, get a WL100CFG error 9.120, "cannot connect to the wireles NetCard, is it connected?" I had a dickens of a time getting it set up in Vista (ended up using VirtualBox and XP, ). I am thinking I must have done something terribly wrong If I hit rescan, it reconnects until the next page transition

Any ideas to try? or should I just throw all my old stuff away and go new? I am beginning to get frustrated with it.

On an unrelated note, how does one enlarge the itty bitty captcha on the login screen? I can see everything else fine to log in, but cannot see some of the numbers in the captcha (I refer to the screen of the J690 size)

Thank you for any bits of wisdom anyone can toss my way
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2011-08-13 7:36 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

geekydee, check the Hardware Compatibility List on HPC:Factor here:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/hpchcl.asp

I have checked on the 'HCL' for the "WL100" and see two similar ones, a Compaq WL100 and a BenQ AWL100..

If you could specify what brand it is, (though you mentioned 'WL100', so you probably mean the Compaq), we could try and see if there is a better driver for it on the HCL.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-08-13 8:29 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It's a prism card so the prism reference drivers should work. You may have put bad firmware on it. See if you can find a newer generic version
 Top of the page
geekydee Page Icon Posted 2011-08-13 8:34 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

@C:Amie:

I am hoping the firmaware is not bad, it came from the HP site

Plus, it works in 3 other laptops and my velo Maybe the drivers are mnessed up on the j690, I will see if I can reset the system and reinstall the drivers again. of course, I have no way to test the pcmcia slot in the j690, but the wired ethernet works...

Thanks for the ideas

Edited by geekydee 2011-08-13 8:34 PM
 Top of the page
geekydee Page Icon Posted 2011-08-13 8:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

@torch:

Sorry, my bad Yes, I meant the WL100 from Compaq. the weird part is it works in my Velo and 3 other laptops...

the j690 is just trying to annoy me, I suppose

Thanks for the input
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-08-14 1:27 AM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

The firmware you downloaded from the HP website may only be compatible with the MIPS processor family, or maybe multiple processors excluding SH3. You really should at least try the correct SH3 driver from this site or HP if there is one.

P.S.- Since this forum has threaded discussions, you don't need the "@" before someone's username when replying, and you should compress your replies into one post. (Rule 8, forum guidlines)

Edited by MobilePro Master 2011-08-14 1:28 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-08-14 4:21 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I doubt that, MPM - HP never made a MIPS Windows CE device.
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-08-14 5:31 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I meant the card, not the Jornada. I know HP never made anything with a MIPS in it. He said the HP website. The card is Compaq. Compaq is owned by HP, so I assumed that he was talking about where he got the drivers for the card, which may have worked only on some of his MIPS H/PCs like the Velo. If not, I may have misunderstood.
 Top of the page
geekydee Page Icon Posted 2011-08-14 6:22 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Fwiw, got it going. It was needing the pcmcia driver update, works with both drivers now, hpand intersil

Now if I could only access hpcfactor with the j690, all I fet is an error in application; may be incompatible with j690 browser /sigh
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2011-08-14 7:12 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

You went to www.hpcfactor.com , correct? Adding the www is always more reliable for me at least.

Edited by torch 2011-08-14 7:21 AM
 Top of the page
geekydee Page Icon Posted 2011-08-14 7:28 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yeah, used http://www.hpcfactor.com but the servers keep blowing up at the login attempt, after clicking submit on the login page. Maybe I need to find a newer browser?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2011-08-14 7:39 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Have you checked H/PC Update for your device?

Go here http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/update/

and select your Jornada 690. Among the updates is a 128bit browser security component. I am not sure if it'd work for you, but its worth a shot, as are the other updates available for your device.
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-08-14 4:38 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I've never been able to login on my MP790 either, maybe that update would workk for me... I'll try when I get home.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 10