x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Thin client wrong display setting

1 2
johnsavit Page Icon Posted 2011-08-14 2:01 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I bought a ce 6.0 thin client direct from a chinese company. I set the display settings wrong and now just get a black scteen on my old 15" crt and a "check frequency setting" on my flatscreen. I can access the files via an internal usb port but don't know what file i need to change to get my display back.

Any ideas?

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/101871161.html
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-08-14 2:15 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you can't get the screen up you will either have to hard rest it if that is an option or use Visual Studio's remote registry viewer to go into the registry and clear down the screen resolution settings. If you don't have visual studio you can install eVC++ and SP4.

http://www.hpcfactor.com/developer/
 Top of the page
johnsavit Page Icon Posted 2011-08-14 2:36 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I asked to company about a hard reset but they just said to send it back to them in china. Not practical! Thanks for the other tip!
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-08-14 3:09 PM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

You can do a hard reset yourself you know. All it requires is pressing two buttons, you don't need to send it to China.
 Top of the page
johnsavit Page Icon Posted 2011-08-14 8:33 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

OK you got me-which two buttons?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-08-14 9:24 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

By the way, if you try it on another screen you may get the picture back and be able to reset it on there. The fact that you're getting the out of range message means the screen doesn't support the data stream. It would have to be a very shoddy bit of equipment if the graphics controller (device) didn't support it.
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-08-14 9:25 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I don't know exactly with the thin client, but there are people here who know. You usually just press the reset and power buttons at the same time for a couple seconds. If it's volatile RAM, you could just remove the battery for about half an hour and the backup battery.
 Top of the page
johnsavit Page Icon Posted 2011-08-14 9:59 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

"I don't know exactly with the thin client, but there are people here who know. You usually just press the reset and power buttons at the same time for a couple seconds. If it's volatile RAM, you could just remove the battery for about half an hour and the backup battery."

no battery no reset button inside

"By the way, if you try it on another screen you may get the picture back and be able to reset it on there. The fact that you're getting the out of range message means the screen doesn't support the data stream. It would have to be a very shoddy bit of equipment if the graphics controller (device) didn't support it."

Thats what I thought would happen when I tried it on my modern flatscreen. Maybe some asian or european spec for the screen settings?
 Top of the page
johnsavit Page Icon Posted 2011-08-14 10:40 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I installed eVC++ and SP4 but all I can see is my vista box's reg files with the usb hooked up to the thin client.
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-08-14 10:43 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Maybe if you unplug it for a while then? You might be able to find a manual online to find out how to reset it if it's possible. Although now that I think about it being CE 6, it might not use RAM for storage...
 Top of the page
johnsavit Page Icon Posted 2011-08-14 11:22 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

The thin clients files show up on my computer but I don't know evc++. This is ane oem device with crappy chinese translated instructions. No word on how to reset.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-08-14 11:58 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

So is it that "thin station" from your link? This one? http://thinstation.cn/case_show.asp?id=&pid=257

Edited by Yoldering 2011-08-15 12:08 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-08-15 9:19 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hook it up to the PC. Open eVC++. On the tools menu run Remote Registry Editor.
 Top of the page
johnsavit Page Icon Posted 2011-08-15 11:28 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yoldering: Yep thats the one

C:Amie: I got that far then a popup window came up that I didn't understand.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-08-16 10:15 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Well, you're going to have to provide a little more than that if you want help. My psychic binary reading abilities isn't that advanced.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 52 - Executed queries : 30