x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Intermec 6651 AC adapter

MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-08-15 3:04 PM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

Okay, so I made a gamble on an Intermec 6651 in near perfect condition with no power adapter on eBay. I won it for an astonishing $13 plus $12 for shipping. That's $25 for what could have cost me over $60 to the only other seller with one in such good condition. If it works, I just made the H/PC DEAL OF THE CENTURY!!! I don't think there are many software things that can go wrong with these PDAs, especially because they can be reset, so I would give it a 98% chance of running assuming that no unspecified parts are missing. The last time I made a gamble like this was on a J690 which worked fine except for the "Esc" key. If parts are missing inside, I can use eBay buyer protection to get myself out of this being that the seller specified no such flaws.

On to the main topic of this thread: I need to know the specifications for an Intermec 6651 power adapter. If you could give me the voltage, amperage, and size of the plug that would be great. If you could tell me if any of the chargers for my other H/PCs would work, that would also be good. If anyone has an OEM power adapter and is willing to sell it, I would have to wait till I get home to check my other adapters first, but that would be good too.

Edited by MobilePro Master 2011-08-15 3:08 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2011-08-15 9:14 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I located a PDF of the Intermec 6651, which appears to be official and first party, though look it over if you wish.

http://epsfiles.intermec.com/eps_files/eps_man/961054022A.pdf

On pagfe 135 of 136, there's a Hardware specifications page, which lists the ac adapter as "19 V DC, AC adapter" for the main power. Hope this helps in some way.. Does the 6651 not list the voltage on the bottom? Just making sure..
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-08-15 11:21 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

That's correct. I remember my old 6651...especially I remember that it was one of those that had the weird connector on the a/c adapter, like the MP880 has...one with the little center conductor wire....
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2011-08-15 11:34 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Rich Hawley, random thought; I wonder if some HPCs can use some sort of USB to power cable a la iGo or similar so it's one less power plug to carry around..

Edit-fixing a typo

Edited by torch 2011-08-15 11:34 PM
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-08-16 12:11 AM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

Rich, would an MP880 (or 800) charger work then? I looked on eBay too and some laptop chargers have that pin in the middle like you said. Maybe one of them would work, being that almost all laptops nowadays use 19v adapters... Do you think the connector is in any way standard, or some kind of proprietary thing Intermec came up with?

EDIT: Now that I look at the auction again, I notice that of the many pictures the seller included, one shows the voltage/amperage of the battery and A/C adapter, so this is now basically just a thread to find out what the connector looks like.

Edited by MobilePro Master 2011-08-16 12:18 AM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-08-16 10:54 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

No, the plug is slightly different if I remember correctly...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9