x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Brightening up my J720

pengyou Page Icon Posted 2011-08-20 12:19 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Some time ago I read a post here about someone who had found a "thing" inside his J680 and if he replaced that thing - a resister, etc, the screen would return to its normal brightness. Does anyone know if the J720 also has the same "thing" and does anyone have schematics of the J720?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-08-20 2:20 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It's the CCFL backlight that needs replacing and yes I believe they are the same.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-08-20 2:42 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The thing you need to realize is that the CCFL is inside the LCD itself. That normally means it needs to be taken apart completely to be replaced. Then there is the problem to find a replacement. Some people have actually hacked the Jornada unit and replaced the CCFL with LEDs.

For most people, the easiest thing to do is simply replace the entire LCD with a new (used) one...
 Top of the page
pengyou Page Icon Posted 2011-08-20 3:24 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

hmmmm i will have to think about this one. I am guessing that a used one is going to be about as old as mine is...so the life span of the device might not be appreciably extended.

Edited by pengyou 2011-08-20 3:25 PM
 Top of the page
pengyou Page Icon Posted 2011-08-21 8:33 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hacking it and replaced the ccfl with LED's...LED's last for years and years...do you have any suggestions for finding people who have done this? I am guessing that I can have this done here in Shanghai for about $40 in labor, assuming that it takes less than 2 hours. I would need to find the parts first and show the tech a schematic. Are the voltages going to be the same? Is it basically a "swap the parts and solder" kind of hack?

Edited by pengyou 2011-08-21 8:53 AM
 Top of the page
pengyou Page Icon Posted 2011-08-28 8:16 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Does anyone know what the voltage is of the CCFL is? and the "exciter"? I have found a vendor that will sell a 5.7" tube but not sure of the voltage. If I were able to buy 100 of these, do you think there are 97 other people who would be willing to buy one? I am not sure about the price at this point - but would probably be less than $15 after shipping, etc was factored in.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8