x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720 Orinoco Gold WiFi

1 2
reipsadeus Page Icon Posted 2011-09-03 11:33 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello all, recently I re-discovered my Jornada 720 and purchased a Lucent Technologies Orinoco Gold card in the hopes that I might be able to use my home wifi network from this great device. I however am horribly lost and have no idea how to get this card to function on my device. I would be very grateful for any help that you could provide.

Much obliged for your time.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2011-09-04 12:07 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

The HPC:Factor HCL (hardware compatibility list) has drivers, just search orinoco gold for Windows CE3 ARM , which is the OS and processor type of your Jornada 720.
http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/hpchcl.asp
 Top of the page
reipsadeus Page Icon Posted 2011-09-04 12:14 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you for the speedy reply. After I download this driver do I just install it to the CF card unzipped or do I unzip it first?

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-09-04 3:48 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
Mobi Page Icon Posted 2011-09-04 3:53 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

I have a Jornada 680 and a Lucent Wavelan Gold, and I used the Agere Reference Driver on this site. If you google "agere reference driver hpc factor" you'll find it.

Those driver packages have inflated cab files which are already ready for your HPC.

Download the 7-82-881-WinCE300.zip file. Go into it and then into the 'inflated' zip file. All you need is the Arm720 cab file. Get that onto your machine, run it and you should be on your way.

It worked for me. I think that all you can do for security is WEP but I could be wrong. I'm sure that if I am, someone will correct me.
 Top of the page
reipsadeus Page Icon Posted 2011-09-04 4:56 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you all for the responses. I just now tried Mobi's method and my Jornada says that it cannot run that file and to run a file that is associated with the proper device. I downloaded the proper driver I believe, so why does this keep occurring?

Top of the page
Mobi Page Icon Posted 2011-09-04 6:11 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

I must have directed you to the wrong .cab file in the inflated directory. I should research more before I advise

The right one will be for the StrongArm 1110 processor. I'd try the one that's labelled wireless.SA1100.CAB

My apologies.

Oh.... and hide if you see C:Amie coming... he's likely to whack you over the head with the new wifi guide and make you cry like a small child!

Edited by Mobi 2011-09-04 6:18 AM
 Top of the page
reipsadeus Page Icon Posted 2011-09-04 6:21 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you, I will have to try this later today because my flash card reader has busted.

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-09-04 9:27 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Hardware Support
 Top of the page
reipsadeus Page Icon Posted 2011-09-04 10:53 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Alright I did as Mobi said and the driver installed correctly. Now I was able to find my wireless network, but how exactly do I connect to it using the installed driver?

Much obliged for your time and patience.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-09-04 11:00 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Open the Agere Client and it will walk you through the process.
 Top of the page
reipsadeus Page Icon Posted 2011-09-04 11:16 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well I opened it up and all it says is that it is searching. Next to connection and BS nothing is stated and next to Channel: it states 14 and next to Encryption: it states No Encryption. I can almost taste the internet!

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-09-05 12:55 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

When you go to the page that lists the available networks, you have to tap 'Scan' before it will display the available networks.
 Top of the page
reipsadeus Page Icon Posted 2011-09-05 1:16 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Right, I did that and then when I get to the page where it asks me to either enable or disable data security it will not allow me to input my WEP code. It states that it is not the proper length. After this it asks about power management and then it continues to state what was in my previous post.

Top of the page
Mobi Page Icon Posted 2011-09-05 1:32 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

Try changing from alphanumeric to hexadecimal or the reverse. You code will work one way and not the other. Mine is very lengthy (25 characters?) and only worked with hexadecimal.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.240 - Cached queries : 52 - Executed queries : 29