x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help files on evc4 are inactive

Esmat Page Icon Posted 2011-09-12 9:24 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Few weeks ago I had installed the evc4 on my computer with a great help from C:Amie
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=16312
It was yesterday when I tried to use the help file. When I click on the help tap/ content I get a message box displaying " Attempting to use an invalid compiled help (.chm) file." When the box closed I get another box displaying "Unable to display Help: A required component is missing. Please reinstall."
That said, I also like to mention that the evc4 is installed on c:\Program Files\Microsoft eMbedded C++ 4.0. However I found a directory c:\Windows CE Tools\evc4\htmlhelp\ that contain files that "appear" to be the missing help files. Is there a way to get the help files back into life. Thanks
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-09-13 9:45 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Can you find the file Hhctrl.ocx under the windows folder? It'll be a system file.

Windows Vista/7 right?
 Top of the page
Esmat Page Icon Posted 2011-09-14 4:36 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi C:AMIE, Thank you for your reply. My OS is windows XP. Also I found 2 files with the name hhctrl.ocx. The first in the folder c:\windows\system32 and the second in the c:\windows\ServicePackFiles\i386. Thank you for your help.
 Top of the page
Esmat Page Icon Posted 2011-09-16 1:27 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi C:AMIE, you have asked me about the file hhctrl.ocx and I found the file but I am not clear how I can use it to activate the help files. Could spare a minute to explain how I can do that? Thanks
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-09-17 10:12 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Try
start > run
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\hhctrl.ocx
restart
 Top of the page
Esmat Page Icon Posted 2011-09-18 8:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi C:AMIE, Thank you so much for your time. I have tried your command, and the computer showed it accepted it. but when I restarted the PC I am still getting the same errors!!!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9