x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 680 & Proxim Orinoco Silver Wi Fi

pburgess Page Icon Posted 2011-09-13 5:59 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have had the 680 new since 1999 and some years ago I installed the ProximWiFi card. This functioned ok within its limits. As I changed my router to Wep2 it no longer could connect. The card was removed and the 680 ran for some years without it. Now I would like to use it again it no longer works.

The only thing that is different was when the 680 got splashed with coke and the battery was taken out in case water had entered the 680. The 680 was dry and continued to function ok after checking. The battery backup failed due to low battery level and the unit had to be restore to near previous condition from a backup on a flash card.

There is no LED activity on the card. The card functions ok in a windows pc. I have reloaded the driver. On calling the Agere short cut this says no driver loaded. As a check on the plug connections I have plugged in a bluetooth card and this is recognised under system but not the Proxim card.

Does anybody have a suggestionas to what to try next?

Thanks in anticpation.

PeterB

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-09-14 7:37 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'm wondering if the Agere driver you installed the first time and the one you installed this time were from different sources. The Proxim version of the ORiNOCO works less consistently on H/PCs, particularly H/PC Pro devices like the 680. Have you tried the Agere reference drivers here?

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0031.asp
 Top of the page
pburgess Page Icon Posted 2011-09-16 11:50 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the reply. Actually I had tried the Agere Ref sources when I posted the message. I have since done a cold boot and cleared the memory completely and I have now got it working. However I have further problems.

Before doing the cold boot I did a full backup using Active sync 3.7.1 and Active Sync won't accept the back up file it created. Looks like the program is full of bugs.

I do have an old full back up done using the built in HP software I hope that works!

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9