x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Intermec 6651 TRANSPLANT

1 2
takwu Page Icon Posted 2011-10-14 5:18 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Heh I just saw my name there now No I don't know HHH. Actually I haven't met many people here with HPCs, just that one guy I sold the Sig3 to... And another dude from the PPC Club bought a MP780 or something. I'm sure there have been lots of HPC users around town, but not many come to this site that I know of.

Good luck to MP master! We all wanna know how it turns out
 Top of the page
AKG Page Icon Posted 2011-10-16 5:53 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

MobilePro Master - 2011-10-13 9:54 AM

Because I'll only need one of these hinges, I'll try to send you the other. I

Hey! MP Master! I was joking about the plastic cover
It can be easily glued!
Never mind the bullshit "you owe me a lot" !!!

Like takwu, we're concerned with it
Bless you in everything you're doing!!!
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-10-17 3:26 AM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record, but I couldn't do it this week. On Friday, there was an event at my school where we stayed up all night to raise money and I didn't get any sleep. I pretty much slept Saturday away, and then a power outage corrupted a server I run and it took me a while to fix it. Today, I had to rake leaves for a couple hours and work on a long-term assignment, so here I am Sunday night still with 2 Intermecs untouched. The good news is I have a 3-day weekend this week and I will have enough time to get on this. I'm glad you are all so interested in what I'm doing here.
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-10-21 5:33 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

AKG, did it look like the motherboard could be easily removed? I see you got like 90% there, but didn't actually detach the motherboard from the hinge.
 Top of the page
AKG Page Icon Posted 2011-10-26 5:12 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Well, actually I just followed HHH's steps
HHH's disassemble HC7000
And I didn't pull off the 4 cables (VGA cable , T/P cable , microphone ,speaker & CCD) as HHH did
If you pull off the above cables from the motherboard
then the M/B can be completely separated from your 6651 regardless of the hinge
Be very careful while removing the cables and ensure they can be reconnected
Good Luck!!!

Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-12-04 7:18 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Alright, so I've started to take apart the #2 HPC. I got as far as the screws under the keyboard before I ran out of my last bit of double-sided tape. I use the tape to keep the screws from rolling around on the sticky notes. I have to go get some more now, so this project will have to wait another couple hours.

If the batteries are dead, do the Intermec battery packs use 18650 cells? How hard is it to rebuild the battery pack if you have a soldering gun?

EDIT: 400 POSTS!

Edited by MobilePro Master 2011-12-04 7:18 PM
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-12-21 12:05 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks to AKG, his pictures, and the ease with which you can open this machine, I have now removed the motherboard from #2. Even though I was being extremely gentle and no force was required for any part of the dis-assembly, I noticed a tiny little blue piece shaped like a hook come out of the machine. This thing was literally the size of 2 pinheads, but it shows just how likely this stuff is to happen. It is also the reason I dis-assembled the beaten-up one first. I will take the motherboard out of #1 tomorrow (hopefully) but right now I am figuring out if I can replace the PC card slot, and it looks like I can.

But again, the battery packs for the 6651 do use 18650 cells, right?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-12-21 4:14 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2012-01-22 9:39 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I'm finally finished after nearly 5 months of procrastination and the finished computer now completely works, as you can see from these pictures:

Assembly - Flickr

I feel this sense of accomplishment. I have made one more working Handheld PC. If anyone has any questions about dis-assembly or needs a part, feel free to ask. Also, what do you all think about that picture of the pins in the PC card slot coming in from underneath? Could it be that Intermec used a generic CardBus slot that actually doesn't work with CE? Or does it...

EDIT: At least one of the batteries holds a good charge. I'm currently charging it, but I'll test the other battery later.

Edited by MobilePro Master 2012-01-22 10:14 PM
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2012-01-23 2:19 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

The 2nd battery unfortunately does not hold a charge...
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.296 - Cached queries : 49 - Executed queries : 27