x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

7 Inch no name Chinese netbook SD Card will not boot

1 2
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-09-25 1:05 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Curious...since I'm the guy who wrote that... Hold down the F1 key when the computer boots up and see if anything happens...
 Top of the page
tigertom21558
tigertom21558 Page Icon Posted 2011-09-26 2:45 AM
#
Ok I did make a folder named "System Disk" as suggested! I then went to the SD CARD and looked under the folder "Script" and found autorun.exe! It does start copying files,but after a while it says"There is not enough free disk space. Delete one or more files to free up disk space,and then try again" Which I did and I even tried it with 2 other scripts,but the same result as the first try. It does seem like progress though! There is one thing I did notice after each time I boot and then go to "run" when the SD Card is in the slot! I noticed that every time I do this ,the default always comes up saying this "Storage Card\AUTOEXEC.BAT"! I can see where the autoexec.bat file would cause it to boot,but in the root directory of the SD CARD,there is no autoexec.bat! Is there a way to create one in Windows CE using copycon,an old dos file creator? I will try this on mine and find out if it's possible! Thanks Again folks for all the help and suggestions! I feel like we are getting close to a conclusion on this now!

Tom
 Top of the page
tigertom21558 Page Icon Posted 2011-09-27 12:00 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok to keep you folks updated I pressed the F1 key,both holding it down and tapping it at different bootups,but all it does is go to the Windows CE Help menu after it boots! I have not tried to create an autoexec.bat file yet,since I have been traveling and could not work on it! I had read pressing the F1,F2,ESC,or DEL keys to try and get into a bios,none worked. I have tried almost every key on the keyboard trying to see if it will go into a bios setup,but so far no luck!
When I go into "Control Panel" and in there is a folder called "Storge Manager"! When I go in that folder it brings up "Storge Properties"! Under there I see a
"DSK1:Flash2" you click an arrow down and then you see "DSK2:Flash3" and under that one is "MSFash NAND Drive". If I formatted the MSFlash NAND Drive
will that wipe the memory on this unit??? Oh when I have an SD Card or a USB stick drive I can see them also! I have even tried formatting the SD Card on the Windows CE netbook,thinking maybe that will make it a system disk,but it did not! I have encountered that before with regular windows machines not recognizing the format from another computer! If you wrote that program I must say "Bravo" for you,not exactly my fortay! Programming in tech school drove me nuts! It is a good program I'm sure! I just wished it would work on this netbook to see it operate! Any more suggestions I am open to try! I do wish to thank everyone for their help on this!

Tom

Top of the page
tigertom21558 Page Icon Posted 2011-09-27 2:00 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I guess this information might help! This has Windows CE 6.00 (build3122) on it! I found no way to make an autoexec.bat on CE!
 Top of the page
tigertom21558 Page Icon Posted 2011-09-28 2:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok to look for more information I have taken this 7 inch netbook apart! I'm not really sure what to look for! Could someone give me a clue as to what to look for to help figure what script might work for this thing? It is a green colored board several ICs on it.8 total that I count! From what pictures I been able find on the internet,I do not see a nand flash chip! There could still be one,just does not look like other boards I found on the internet! I looked for specs on Chinese 7 inch netbooks on line,but found no reference to the motherboard type or number. There is a number on this board V10_FOR SPI JH_0701 if that helps identify the manufacturer! There is no name on the motherboatd at all. I have even considered looking for another motherboard for this,just in case I find no resolution to the correct script file to run! I hope this may point me or who ever to the right direction for the right script to run on this! Please let me know on here ,if anyone might know!

Thank You
Tom
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-09-28 7:19 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Some of them have an internal USB drive instead of a NAND flash chip. At least that's what I'm reading on several Web sites about the 8505 netbooks. I've taken apart a few myself and haven't seen anything that looks like an internal USB drive.
 Top of the page
tigertom21558 Page Icon Posted 2011-10-01 3:59 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok after boo koo researching on the net I have made some progress! Since I took this unit apart I took a magnifying glass to look at the largest IC on the board! It is an Anyka 8802TQ21604 CPU so I found out! YAY! Progress! This is the type you need to short a jumper and use burn tools to update or reload the OS to it through a USB port or through a JTAG solder on cable type setup! If this is allowed I found this info on another website of which I am posting the link on here to help others out like me! This is an exact picture of my board (towards the bottom of the page )

http://mininetbooks.your-board.com/t196p15-a-problem-in-biurn-tool-...

On this site there are step by step instructions on how to burn your OS back into your motherboard! ( post number 10 a guy named Otuluk)

http://mininetbooks.your-board.com/t188-ak8802-anyone

Upgrade is made by using straight USB-USB A cable and holding DL_jumper shorted, then the netbook is slave USB device and can be found by PC. After that drivers+burntool program is used to upload the firmware. You can read this on forum. There is an upgrade option through USB flash using startup setup. USB stick is connected to side USB ports you can upload new XIP but be aware that it doesn't work or it needs a special format as it bricks netbooks. I tried.

He even hacked the the burn tool to work on an AK88 to flash on this CPU ! ( post number 58 Otuluk again)

http://mininetbooks.your-board.com/t196p45-a-problem-in-biurn-tool-...

I just found this tonite and have not tried it yet,but will post after I do! I am just sharing info to help out others with the same circumstances as me! I hope this does not make anyone on this web site mad at me for posting about another site!

Tom

Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.222 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9